New Keelback Enclosure.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baker

Reaction score
I thought that i would post up some pics of the new enclosure that i just set up for my keelback.
2012-04-26 21.28.30.jpg2012-04-26 21.28.23.jpg2012-04-26 21.27.44.jpg2012-04-26 21.26.50.jpg
Not the greatest pics as they are from my phone but still should give a good look. So happy with my keelback that I have decieded that I'm getting a second one now for a friend for him.
Also one question, is it safe to use the aquarium plant fertiliser with the snake in there?
Cheers Cameron

Thanks, im happy with how it turned out.
Thanks for that answer, was just wondering because other fertilisers are bad for snakes.

Also one question, is it safe to use the aquarium plant fertiliser with the snake in there?
Cheers Cameron

Don't know if it would be safe or not but I would think the keelback would make more than enough fertiliser for the plants without the need to add any.

Thanks for that, im think im going to what abit before i do anything with the fertiliser. I dont want to do anything that could harm my little snake.

I'm in the process of designing my Keelback enclosure now. I have a stream to waterfall section that then goes into a smallish pond.
It's not as aquatic as many but it is still semi aquatic. I still have soil and ground cover to do this weekend.

View attachment 249447

Thanks for that.
Your pic didnt work james, i was going too do a set up like that but then i decieded to do this set up. I started getting frustrated trying to make my waterful i was going to do aswell.

Thats strange. The pic works for me on two pcs?
I like the idea of a lot of water but really wanted it in a large exoterra. They are the most interesting snakes in my collection. How big is your keelback?

I was finding it hard to get ideas of how to set it up. I kept googling semi aquatic and it wasn't until I came across the word Paludarium (swamp enclosure) I found some really helpful sights. I used acrylic sheets to bend and seperate the land from water. Its a challenging but rewarding setup. I hope to have it nearly complete this weekend. Will post pics of the finished product.

Last edited:
Maybe its because im on my phone atm. I like this set up because it is fairly low maintence with yhe filter doing most of the work. Mines is my favourite obe in my collection, im even getting a second one to eventually go in with him soon. Mines around the 35 cm mark atm, i think its pretty good with him only being around 5 months old.
Cant wait to see pics of your set up, will hopefully give me ideas for my next enclosure.

Thats strange. The pic works for me on two pcs?
I like the idea of a lot of water but really wanted it in a large exoterra. They are the most interesting snakes in my collection. How big is your keelback?

I was finding it hard to get ideas of how to set it up. I kept googling semi aquatic and it wasn't until I came across the word Paludarium (swamp enclosure) I found some really helpful sights. I used acrylic sheets to bend and seperate the land from water. Its a challenging but rewarding setup. I hope to have it nearly complete this weekend. Will post pics of the finished product.

No pics for me either James... I'd be interested in seeing the enclosure as well.

hmm maybe it is the phone. If you cant view it I will post a new one when it is finished on the weekend and hopefully that will work.

View attachment 249467

any better with the second pic?

Last edited:
Right at the back of the enclosure there is a large leaf plant that it goes and hides in that is out of the water

They are excellent snakes to own, if you want one get a hold of one get in contact with dottyback on here. He is great to deal with and where I have gotten my guy from.
Can't see why they wouldnt enjoy something like this. Wouls probally put more land in with a water python thou.

Nice... Did not know Keelbacks were a fully aquatic species. I know they hang out around watercourses and waterways, but up here being seasonal little water is found in the dry. Hope you have plenty of permanent dry areas beside what you are offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back