New Logo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Before going out to the world of web wizardry I thought I would ask if any APS members have experience in graphic/logo design and would like to help design a new logo/site icon for APS? Down the track I would like to give the whole site a face lift but I wouldn't mind covering the basics first.

Any help would be appreciated and feel free to PM me if you would prefer to keep it anonymous.

Stu

I have no skill to offer but just wanted to say this is exciting and good luck :)
I think there's already been an increase in site participation since people have seen new management so I think this will ramp that up more!

There used to he a great graphic designer who was a regular member, I'm not sure he visits anymore but fingers crossed he pops in or someone tells him (I can't remember the name)

Before going out to the world of web wizardry I thought I would ask if any APS members have experience in graphic/logo design and would like to help design a new logo/site icon for APS? Down the track I would like to give the whole site a face lift but I wouldn't mind covering the basics first.

Any help would be appreciated and feel free to PM me if you would prefer to keep it anonymous.

Stu
Hey Stuart
Just posted in the other thread on this very topic and then saw this thread. See other comment but I am a graphic and web designer and would be happy to help!! Would actually love the opportunity to give back to the community. PM if you want to discuss how I can help

How lovely :)
I hope something can be sorted and thanks for being willing to help :)

Last edited:
Thanks Diamond, I'll flick you a message tonight..

OK So I have been working on the new logo and would now like to open up for suggestions on a catch phrase? Can anyone offer five or so words to best describe this site? Just a thought may not have one at all but just looking for ideas: The ones I came up with - Cold Blooded Community - Community of Scales - United Herper's of OZ - Cold Blood Keepers of Australia - Reptilian Keepers Australia

Anyway surely someone will come up with something better than these or maybe you all like one of mine?

Just putting it out there [MENTION=27815]Stuart[/MENTION] might not want one but it might work well to have one on the logo?

OK So I have been working on the new logo and would now like to open up for suggestions on a catch phrase? Can anyone offer five or so words to best describe this site?

Just happened across this thread. I think a catch phrase is a great idea.

A few thoughts that come quickly to mind, to get the ball rolling:
- A world of reptiles awaits...
- Reptiles... sharing the passion!
- The Australian reptile enthusiast’s community.
- Real people! Real reptiles! Share the experience...

Just happened across this thread. I think a catch phrase is a great idea.

A few thoughts that come quickly to mind, to get the ball rolling:
- A world of reptiles awaits...
- Reptiles... sharing the passion!
- The Australian reptile enthusiast’s community.
- Real people! Real reptiles! Share the experience...

I really like Mike's suggestions, but if he does not mind i would like to change the last 1 to Real people! Real reptiles! Real experiences!, but it is good to see people wanting to give back to the community, bit like the old days. :) ..............Ron

I really like Mike's suggestions, but if he does not mind i would like to change the last 1 to Real people! Real reptiles! Real experiences!, but it is good to see people wanting to give back to the community, bit like the old days. :) ..............Ron
As far as good old days are concerned, as you know I am quite new so have no experience of how good it was, but I can say I think it is great now and if it is only upward from here, all the better!! Yes I did change name thought I better reflect who I am Diamond-Python good name and what I love. But I am twistedFrog as a designer and since getting involved thought it better to use that name. My name is Jason for those of you who want to know me a little better. And [MENTION=36030]ronhalling[/MENTION], [MENTION=41842]Bluetongue1[/MENTION] those catch phrases are better than the ones i came up with. Really like the last one too, but I think Reptiles... sharing the passion! is awesome, maybe Reptiles...insights, passion, community!

Yeah i like that 1 as well, it will give Stu something tangible to chew on, and as a member of this forum i would like to thank you for wanting to put in the time to make our forum a better place to sit down with a coffee and a bicky, cheers. :) ............Ron

Herps...catch the disease!
I'm joking :p but we all used to make the joke haha (I do know herps does not spell herpes lol)

I'm trying to think of a cute and clever pun for the catch phrase but my brain isn't cooperating

Might be worth making a new thread with a title specifically addressing wanting ideas for this for those who aren't reading this one as they've already read the original post?

[MENTION=27447]vampstorso[/MENTION], with minimal tweaking I think you nailed it...

Herps...catch the itch!

(Or perhaps: Herps... scratch the itch!)

With utmost respect to the pioneers of Australian Herpetology may I suggest:

Aussie Pythons "Building the next generation of Herpetologists"

Cheers
Sandee :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back