new mangrove monitor pair

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All sorts of stuff. Thawed rodents. yabbies, crabs (mangroves cope quite well with salt water) minced roo and turkey, insects etc.

Really nice set up, happy to hear the male is so friendly...Just curious..are you sure they are just about 2 yrs old? They look quite small for that age.

Beautiful monitors Alex! I'd love to have a pair. Your cage is also very nice.

Really nice set up, happy to hear the male is so friendly...Just curious..are you sure they are just about 2 yrs old? They look quite small for that age.

yeah im sure mangrooves dont get overly big like lace monitors the majority are about 3.5 to 4 foot. theses guys are just over 2.5 foot.

All sorts of stuff. Thawed rodents. yabbies, crabs (mangroves cope quite well with salt water) minced roo and turkey, insects etc.

your right about that they eat anything. but i wanted to try yabbies and crabs but wasnt sure how they would go. ill get some to try when i go to the pet shop or catch them.

nice monitors you have there..
I'd love some of them en the future.
whats involved in the water side of thier enclosure?
i know they aren't cheep, but whats the average price of hatchies?

nice monitors you have there..
I'd love some of them en the future.
whats involved in the water side of thier enclosure?
i know they aren't cheep, but whats the average price of hatchies?

$1200 seems to be the average for a hatchy but that can very. for my pair i have a 4.5 foot x 2.5 x 2.5 foot fish tank for them but thats just what i had to use the lady i bought them off had a an old bath tub for them.

so that would mean your top enclosure is about 8ft x 4ft x 2.5h
big sand filter etc for the tank?
water heater?

Awesome little monitors, i will have to get some of these critters one day.

mmm i would not like to be chris right now .... o nice little indis mate :)

Its not too bad, although i have never kept or sold any V.indicus, slandering a common first name is pretty stupid IMO. I do have a spare adult male spencers monitor though (although i cant advertise it here) ;)

so that would mean your top enclosure is about 8ft x 4ft x 2.5h
big sand filter etc for the tank?
water heater?

the main enclosure is 2500mm long 1200mm wide and 900mm high i wanted to make it 1.2 metres high but i had to work it to go with materials. i have an internal filter on the tank but i change half the water in the tank weekly, and i dont need a heater up her ill put it in in winter but i should need it as i used to have fish and we had trouble with over heating. but the waters about 29 degrees on average, thats why they dont come out much.

very nice mate,they still have some growing to do,they are quite capable of reaching 5 foot or more to,be wary using wire on the sides,can be ok with some animals,but if they think they can possably get through there could be nose rub issues,or even if startled by passers by or chased by say the male,there always the chance of them smashing into it,but im sure u will see if there are any issues there before they became serious anyways,set up looks great,mertons would love it to,have u thought of having a tub of sand sunk in the floor on the opasite side to the tank,would be a great way to set up a laying box for them,thats how im setting up my mertons now they are reaching young adult size and mating

They are some damn gorgeous animals!

And the enclosure looks absolutely wonderful, I'd have it all a bit higher though, but that's just because I think it'd be great to watch them swim.

very nice mate,they still have some growing to do,they are quite capable of reaching 5 foot or more to,be wary using wire on the sides,can be ok with some animals,but if they think they can possably get through there could be nose rub issues,or even if startled by passers by or chased by say the male,there always the chance of them smashing into it,but im sure u will see if there are any issues there before they became serious anyways,set up looks great,mertons would love it to,have u thought of having a tub of sand sunk in the floor on the opasite side to the tank,would be a great way to set up a laying box for them,thats how im setting up my mertons now they are reaching young adult size and mating

so far no trouble with the mesh because when the female gets scared she just heads for the fish tank my olives are in the same size cage only out side.. i never thought about a container of sand up the other end i might add one in a month or two, 5 foot would be a huge mangrove mst of the ones ive seen stop at about 4 foot, but there are exceptions to that. im getting another pair soon and am looking for more.
just have to sell off some other stuff to make room.

They are some damn gorgeous animals!

And the enclosure looks absolutely wonderful, I'd have it all a bit higher though, but that's just because I think it'd be great to watch them swim.

i just sit on the floor to watch them swim and chase the fish in there, they never catch them though

thats it mate,its like lacies,they are capable of growing to over 2 metres,but some stay around 150 cm,even males

good luck with them,its good to see a few people working with them these days,hopefully one day soon ill have the pleasure of working with them

thats it mate,its like lacies,they are capable of growing to over 2 metres,but some stay around 150 cm,even males

good luck with them,its good to see a few people working with them these days,hopefully one day soon ill have the pleasure of working with them

yeah i love them, im selling everything but them and my olives to focus on them, you dont see that many for sale, but when you do they dont last long. there great to work with though and i hope to breed them sometime this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back