New member about to adopt a snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tara Goisisi

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a few questions I would love some help with.

My sister bought her first snake about a year and half maybe 2 years ago. She did a lot of research at the time and planned to love and care for it. Very soon after she became terrified of it and has been feeding it and caring for it very minimally since.

I have been interested in adopting him for a long time and have been doing research to know everything I need.

I was wondering if a snake that used to be handled but has not been handled in about 2 years can go back to being handled.

He is a beautiful spotted python. Not sure how old.

Would love some help
Thank you

yes it can go back to being handled, and it sounds more like your sister has lost interest.

i didnt handle my coastal for a year after he first bit me for the fear knowing (oh @*$# he can bite) but he was fine with being handled, especially after getting out of the tank

yes it can go back to being handled, and it sounds more like your sister has lost interest.

i didnt handle my coastal for a year after he first bit me for the fear knowing (oh @*$# he can bite) but he was fine with being handled, especially after getting out of the tank

Thanks so much.
This is really helpful

In answer to your question, yes. But I would suggest the spotted is possibly being underfed at the moment. A hungry snake will bite, and no amount of handling will change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back