new monitor trio

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 23122

Reaction score
picked up three of these little guys yesterday not sure what type some form of pygmy something very entertaining just managed to snap an early morning shot before they warm up too much cheers016.jpg

Last edited:
Can't see it properly, but it looks like a short-tailed pygmy monitor (Varanus brevicauda) juvie.

i swear if you found them i am so jealous.
cause how could you not know what they are if you bought them?

i swear if you found them i am so jealous.
cause how could you not know what they are if you bought them?
at 800 a pop I knew what they where just happened to be on rdu when they first come up for sale I must say they are powering along nicely although I've had to seperate as two have been fighting

Any updated pics mrkos? They're awesome little monitors.

yeah pic's would be great, of them and the setup i am thinking of getting one but they are two expensive.
how big of an enclosure do you keep them in?

Ile put some pictures up on the weekend basically keep a pair in a 600 by 600 enclosure if you look at my posts in the show your monitors thread you can see my setup I have my other one in a meter long enclosure with lots of logs/ and hide holes and he seems to absolutely love it cheers

Fingers crossed this yr I'll get some....stunning little monitor, please more pics Mrkos :)

i bought some last Jan.when they were only a few weeks old..............so tiny,!!!!!!!!!!!! bought them home into a boiling February, and was fearful, all survived happily; then came Winter, 1 went completely off food, the others, greatly reduced interest.(other monitor juvies of other species gobbled their way through winter ), although adults often don,t, and resumed feeding late August. all still going strongly, they certainly seem to be tough little guys, but Oh!!!!!!!!!!!! so tiny

Yeh mine have been spending a lot of time lately half buried in damp sand every two or three days they come out and run amok for a day I spend hours watching them I tried sexing them using Danny browns hemipenal trans illumination method and I am fairly sure I have two females and a male fingers crossed I suppose they carry themselves around the cage like a large lacie

I Cant wait to get my small monitors :) Just have to wait for my birthday then ill have the money.

yeah if anyone has any short tailed monitors for sale let me know i can't wait to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back