New outdoor permanent enclosure for Blueys (pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danieloflat

Reaction score
Hey Everyone this enclosure took dad and i about 7 hours all up to build over 2 days hope you enjoy, i will post more pics up of the proces when i find my camera cord :) tell me what you guys reckon.

Attachments

• 15012011117.jpg
    15012011117.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 306
  • 15012011116.jpg
    15012011116.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 310
  • 15012011121.jpg
    15012011121.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 234
  • 15012011119.jpg
    15012011119.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 236
VERY nice enclosure. Looks like a lot of time and effort went into it. One thing i would change is the gravel,maybe put a layer of mulch or leaf litter on top..... they would love it!

love it mate.... similar to mine.... & I reckon they will live real happy & breed in there no problems....... & looks like it will last a few years also.......

Have you got it set to receive morning sun ?? & afternoon shade ?? essential I reckon.... not always easy however as the sun's position changes throughout the year.......

Attachments

• DSCF0035.jpg
    DSCF0035.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 217
hahahaha....... your dad has taste lol. Although mine LOVE rummaging and foraging in the litter.

Nice enclosure Joe, The enclosure receives sun at 1pm through to about 8pm at the moment, do you think i should set up mirrors or something to get the sun in there mornings? or maybe set up a heat lamp so they bask in the morning? they will receive sun earlier in winter though

---------- Post added 16-Jan-11 at 12:52 AM ----------

yeah i have mulch in the litte "den" thing and they love to bury themselves in it, maybe i will just put mulch on half of the enclosure!?

it's tough to get perfect mate as now you have built it you will notice the hours of day that there is sun on it & not etc.....

Yeah as you have an undercover area maybe a basking light for a few hours on cold winter mornings....... the summer should be fine as they will be generally warm anyway.

I moved mine around to get the perfect spot in my back yard.... trial & error....

I am sure that you will come up with your own 'tweaks' as you start to use it....... I reckon outdoor lizard pits & enclosures are the real **** !!! only proper herpers have them !!! well done.....

Thanks I feel as if animals need to have a bit of roughage haha. I don't like keeping my animals inside much, i have tried a couple of outdoor enclosures but this is by far the most planned and thought out, as my Father is a builder i was able to recycle most of his old iron and stuff, all up it costed no more than $80

Thanks bigtime, as promised i have more pics of the process! DSCF1431.jpgDSCF1386.jpgDSCF1430.jpgDSCF1426.jpgDSCF1387.jpg
pencil.png

looks great, only problem i can see that could occur is them getting flooded by rain from the downpipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back