New Owner... setup question.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally wouldn't use Reptile One. They don't fall under the reputable brand catergory in my opinion. All they are, are a cheap copy of the Exo-Terra design. I kept fish for many years, at one point I had 30 tanks set-up. After using some of their fish filters early on in my aquarium obsession I quickly realised they were not up to standard.

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't use Reptile One. They don't fall under the reputable brand catergory in my opinion. All the are, are a cheap copy of the Exo-Terra design. I kept fish for many years, at one point I had 30 tanks set-up. After using some of their fish filters early on in my aquarium obsession I quickly realised they were not up to standard.
Seconding this, I am very sceptical of the Reptile One brand of UVB fluoros... I will always try to use ZooMed Reptisun or Exo-Terra ReptiGlo.

Just my own experience I have used about 6-7 different heat mats over the years all reptile one branded no issues when setup correctly. I used to work at Jaycar electronics and the we had a saying RTFM (read the expletive manual). I do agree that they are not idiot proof as the amount of people that don't read a manual when setting something up is quite high.

Well I ended up putting a 100w infared lamp on top of the cage. Gets to around 33 and shuts off with a 2degree swing. Going to put some led strip lighting in for some lighting. Hopefully get photos today. Didn’t wanna disturb him yesterday.

And it was a good branded green mat that had issues a few years ago, that helped to create some of the hysteria about heat mats. Not that I'm putting you in that same category, P_P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back