New python owner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it a good idea to keep a diary of when I feed my python and when it sheds?

Is there anything else to document?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its a great i idea!! Then you can keep track of when to feed it next.. or maybe if it doesn't take the feed. Write it down for sure i say.. with the sheds its not really a big deal as you can sort of tell when there about to shed. What python ya got? :)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I recorded every feed and every slough of all my snakes until I was up to about 20 snakes, and then it just became unmanageable, but in my first 2-3 years of keeping snakes it was useful for getting to know their patterns and keep track of things. I also had fun back then as a teenager making graphs of the amount they'd eaten, how quickly they were growing, slough rates, etc. These days it generally wouldn't teach me anything I don't already know or help me with much as I have the experience to know how to recognise things, but I still write down feeds and sloughs on young hatchlings, and record prelay sloughs etc.

Keeping basic records definitely can't hurt :) You'll know when you're experienced enough to stop bothering, and in the mean time you can write down anything you think might be useful.

I'm using the "my reptiles" app for iPhone. You can choose type and size of good etc to record

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back