New Rainbow Serpent

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by Jacknife, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacknife

Jacknife Very Well-Known Member

Picked up this beautiful female Water Python today.
    She's 4 years old, about 6ft and absolutely stunning!
    Was going to get an Olive, but the missus wasn't so crash hot on the size factor, this was a compromise but I'm pretty sure I made the better choice. When the light hits her it really is a sight to see.
    She's pretty good to hold, but has a crazy feed response apparently, and though I was told she'd never bit before she tagged me good when I first held her. Pretty sure it was my fault though as I'd been cleaning out an enclosure for her that hadn't been used in a while and probably had some old scent on me
    Had a hold when I got her home and first thing she did was play hide and seek in my shirt so I think I got a cheeky girl on my hands here...

Anyway, I think I've definitely found a new species to totally fall in love with.
    And I'll keep working on getting that Olive a bit later on hahahaha.
    Anyway here's a few not so good quick pics, will get some better ones in the sun in the next few days. Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MissDangerous

MissDangerous Not so new Member

She is beautiful! I love WP's, seriously considering one as the next addition to the family. Congrats on a great buy :)

3. Trimeresurus

Trimeresurus Guest

Haha you got that from my mate. She's got quite a feeding response indeed. She's a good snake mate.

Did he show you his crazy little male water?

4. Jacknife

Jacknife Very Well-Known Member

Yeah he did, he's got a really cool collection actually, I told him if he hasn't sold the little one if a few weeks I might buy it off him too.

5. moosenoose

moosenoose Legendary

I can't trust the waters :lol: I did once, and got hammered by my boy. That said 98% of the time he's pretty well behaved :D

6. dodgie

dodgie Well-Known Member

All the colour's of the rainbow.

7. Trimeresurus

Trimeresurus Guest

Yeah it's nice. That little water is a funny little bugger, you can usually hold him without copping bites but he's like a loaded gun to everything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.