new rainforest enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

affroalex

Reaction score
hi

i just thought i would post some pics of my new rainforest style enclosure it 1m wide 1.9 high and 0.9deep, i am hopefully putting a pair or trio of Ocellated Rainforest Monitor (varanus scalaris) kuranda form, in there. i still have to put the mesh and door on and put substrate in, though im not sure what to use yet

well here we are

Attachments

• snakes and halloween 109.jpg
    snakes and halloween 109.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 389
  • snakes and halloween 106.jpg
    snakes and halloween 106.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 303
  • snakes and halloween 111.jpg
    snakes and halloween 111.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 282
Those bulbs look alittle to close to the branches...

Last edited:
Constructive advice?
It aint no rainforest until it has the heat and humidity that goes with it...throw some substrate in the bottom and water it regularly, then it may be a rainforest....;)

Constructive advice?
It aint no rainforest until it has the heat and humidity that goes with it...throw some substrate in the bottom and water it regularly, then it may be a rainforest....;)

i live in north queensland its rainforest temps and humidity here no matter what and i still havent decided on substrate yet

looking good.. I use coir peat for my substrate. 4.5kg block costs around $5. put 30L of water with it and you get around 60L of it let it semi dry.(cant squeeze any water out by hand) and your done what i have left over i put into bins until i need to top it up or change it out for fresh stuff . ps love Nth QLD no need for heating enclosures most of the year

as townsville python does i keep mine a bit moist its works well keeping the humidity up aswell if you dont live in a humid area.

rogue woodies also breed like mad in it.

looking good.. I use coir peat for my substrate. 4.5kg block costs around $5. put 30L of water with it and you get around 60L of it let it semi dry.(cant squeeze any water out by hand) and your done what i have left over i put into bins until i need to top it up or change it out for fresh stuff . ps love Nth QLD no need for heating enclosures most of the year

where do you get your peat from, my parents are going down to townsville on thursday and ill get them to pic some up, and i love north queensland as well, i can keep most of my stuff out side except my monitors as there to expensive to lose if they manage to get out. and i still have to heat the monitor cages up to a 50deg basking spot.

as townsville python does i keep mine a bit moist its works well keeping the humidity up aswell if you dont live in a humid area.

rogue woodies also breed like mad in it.

no problem wth humidity up here and as for rogue woodies im still finding them in my herp room and i havnt had any for 6 months. but i will have to get more as i am hopefully putting some varanus scalaris in there. just waiting for them to hatch. heres a pic of what they look like

Attachments

• v.kuranda.jpg
    v.kuranda.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back