New scorps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Well i gave my collection a boost today with 6 Urodacus yaschenkoi and 6 urodacus armatus(one gravid) Will get some pics soon.

unreal mate.can u keep scorps together or any species of them.

for starters will just do sealed setups with 1% water and then start moving them into small false bottom setups. Bret you can keep some together but some its a big no-no

yaschenkoi
DSCF4109.jpg

DSCF4110.jpg

armatus
southern fem, gravid.
DSCF4111.jpg

northern juvie.
DSCF4112.jpg

will try and get better pics on sand.

never been stung by urodacus but got tagged by a lychas once:p As for how i know its gravid, the collector who knows his stuff had a look under a microscope and saw a Spermatocleutrum which is basicly a vaginal plug to stop other males inseminating her after shes already been mated.

nice pics hornet ,can i keep a pair together m and f,or do you have to breed them like T's

Dont keep any yet but i want to get either your two species above or i am looking elonggatus, can i keep any of those as pairs?

best not to, any rock dwellers are normally very agressive towards each other. If you wanna keep pairs or communal setups get liocheles or lychas.

RIP Roy. My uro died last week, i just could not get him to eat. Very sad but looking to keep another one or two. where would i get the communal ones?

what sp was yours jen? Unfortunatly most people keep their desert scorps, yaschenkoi in paticular, on dry sand in an open tank with a water dish. They need either a sealed setup with 1% water to sand or a false bottom setup. How are you keeping yours ash? Liocheles are the easyest of the communal species to find, i occasionaly have them anbd may do in a month ot so, same with lychas but a little harder to find, also smaller and very hard to get them to moult sucessfully,i have never got one last 2nd instar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back