New scorps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
keeping 5 in small plastic tanks and 5 in 1 foot tanks with false bottem, once i get my camera going i will post pics,

just a queston im my false bottem tanks i have the water all the way up to the weed mat, thats on the rocks is that to high or not enough?

as long as the substrate is not to dry/wet will be fine

Not sure it was a gift i think black rock. not in sand, tho it had a tray of sand

urodacus manicatus aka black rock scorp, very common in the pet trade. I keep mine on a 50/50 mix of sand and peat and use a false bottom setup, make sure they have a rock to hide under.

nice mate

i wanna get some black rock scorps

From my understanding, you pile some rocks into the bottom of your tank (so you have a layer of rocks) then you put some gauze or wire screen over the top and pack your sand/soil whatever down onto that.

Before doing that, you insert a hollow tube down one corner into the rocky area. You put water down this, and it doesn't waterlog your sand but bathes the rocks and slowly 'trickles' up through the sand, giving a humidity gradient that the scorp can burrow down to?

U. elongatus

Actually that is Urodacus excellens, elongatus is probably 2nd. Philk is spot on with the false bottom setup, used to keep the lower areas of sand moist but to keep the surface dry, best way of keeping desert scorps.

protected, native to the NT so illegal to remove them.

sure are, i have lost about 2 out of probably 100 or so i have kept, just dont keep big ones with smaller ones. By that i mean 2 to canibalism and kept in groups of 10 at max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back