New scorps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how were you keeping them? False bottom setups should give alot better results.

No I wasn't but it has been 10years since I kept scorps and the system being used then was not right, bit like people who insist on putting cotton wool in their spiders water:(

No I wasn't but it has been 10years since I kept scorps and the system being used then was not right, bit like people who insist on putting cotton wool in their spiders water:(

There is so much false info out there. It took a while for me to find a place with the right info. Bylo's caresheets are really good as is The Spiral Burrow for information and their forum is very friendly with plenty of hints and tips.

even most of the ways being used these days are totally wrong, people buy from petstorews and think they know what they are talking bout

aimong to get a few Hemilychas alexandrinus and any other lychas, Isometrus or Isometroides. Hopefully mayb even get some new species out there.

be good to see what ya get im going to blackwater soon just for a look

Would be good if we could keep Urodacus excellens. On that note, exotic scorpions are probably the only exotics I'd really like to keep. Some of those big ones are just so awesome...

Bylos caresheets I've found really informative. If I ever keep desert scorps again, I'll be using the false bottom set-up for sure. I'm a little scared of keeping them though 'cause my others only lasted a year or so.. And they just disappear from site for so long! Flinder's ranges scorp is hopefully a little better?

Hornet: what're the common names of the species you mentioned above? I'm no good at scorp. species..

no common names, in the scorp world we just use scientific names. Some lychas are called marbled scorps but thats about it. Unfortunatly the best way to keep yaschenkoi they are hidden most of the time, thats why people keep them in less than ideal contitions and they dont last long. The best scorps for viewing is lychas, they are quite active, most other species are hidded most of the time. Urodacus armatus are quite surface active aswell.

could you post pics of what you think are the best display animals?
At the moment I am considering Liochele waigiensis)
Thankyou

Urodacus armatus look pretty wicked... Do you keep any U. elongatus, hornet? Got one coming tomorrow... Hopefully will be pretty activish...

How often do you feed your scorps?

feed every few weeks or when i remeber, no elongatus

liocheles are very hardy and do come out sometimes but unless in a bare container will hide alot, when i kept a pair in a small tank with just 2 rocks they burrowed under them, will also hide in fake plants. If you want to obseve night is the anly time to really do it.

http://www.ento.csiro.au/education/allies/scorpionidae.html 1st pic is lychas marmoreus.
http://www.ub.ntnu.no/scorpion-files/u_armatus2.jpg armatus

was looking at setting up a black light for them and as I am a night person thats when most of my spiders are out that works, habbitat wise was looking to do more a natural enviorment rather than a bare tank.

was looking at setting up a black light for them and as I am a night person thats when most of my spiders are out that works, habbitat wise was looking to do more a natural enviorment rather than a bare tank.
Would love to set a blacklight up over the scorps.. but they're out so infrequently I can't see it being worth it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back