New snake enclosure recommendations

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nevtalath

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently acquired a top end carpet python and he's in the beardie enclosure we made almost 10 years ago. I have more experience with lizards than snakes (only had a little stimpson's python prior to this). The enclosure is heavy, top opening and a bit painful for a snake (plus, I don't think it's high enough for him). It's approx 120x60x60.

I want to draw up some new ideas (bored being confined to home lol) and love the idea of a converted cupboard, but just not 100% sold on that idea. Hubby is pretty handy and I'm pretty crafty so we normally do alright. Apart from normal considerations of thermostats, basking spots etc... what would you have in your python enclosures? What size you be ideal (not minimum) for a top end python? He's very active during the day and night and I'm not sure if he's bored/stressed because of the tank or if he's just comfortable or if he just wants to explore since he's been out and about a few times in the lounge room (other animals locked out and under very strict supervision hahaha).

Any suggestions on what would make the perfect snake enclosure in your opinion would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone,
Tam

Latest posts

Back