new snake owner :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donks92

Reaction score
hey, me and my girlfriend have recently purchased a spotted python and have instanly fallen in love with her and can not wait to get more snake. so here is my question, are there any breeders or snake enthuiast that have large collection of different breeds of snake and a wide range of knowledge that wouldn't mind a couple of novice snake owners coming and picking your brain and asking a few question? We have done our fair share or research before buying our snake aswell as read up on other breeds, but articles and sites only give you so much. we would also like to potentialy handle some larger snakes if that would be accepteble, as our girl is only 50cm :) i will post some pictures when she ventures out of her hide.

thanks guys :)

I'm confused :/ instead of just picking the brains of people on here via forum messages you want to go see them irl to pick their brains?

I'd think it'd be more efficient to ask here :p

Edit; just read that you want to handle some snakes which is a good idea :)

But still asking questions here can only give u more knowledge

yeah very true. haha still id like to go meet others, see other setups for myself, not just pictures.but also would be handy to know some local breeders or snake owners in brisbane :). this is prizmo
IMG_20170820_232022_550.jpg

yeah very true. haha still id like to go meet others, see other setups for myself, not just pictures.but also would be handy to know some local breeders or snake owners in brisbane :). this is prizmoView attachment 321168

You can come and look at mine but then I will have to kill you!
Most serious keepers/breeders take security very seriously.

yeah i had heard this. but i thought it was worth a try haha. im the same im no breeder or expert but the only people that handle my snake is me and my gf!

Most people with big collections won't let you come in and handle their snakes (particularly if you already own snakes) due to the chance of transmitting infections/viruses/mites and so on.

You can always try to get work experience at a reptile shop/zoo in order to work with a wider range of animals

There's only one snake's setup you can visit... the big scrubbie's.;) Not now, though, he's just been fed. Maybe in October. :)

i didnt think about going to a zoo haha :) i did read that about others handling your snakes. and i fully understand that, i wouldn't want to risk anychance of infection or cause of injury to any snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back