New stimson python won't eat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwayne84

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello every one just brought a new stimson python 7-8 weeks old I try to feed after a week she just hides away from it and avoids it tried again after 4 days same thing 2 weeks one still .. can any help or is this quite common.. she's in a click clack temp inside is around 31 .. Click clack is in a 3ft tank .. so help would be great thanks

Take the click clack ouf of tank and put it on top of a heat mat which should take up no more than 1/3 of the surface of tub

You also want one end to be 30-33 and the other end at room temp, this allows them to thermoregulate

How many feeds did it have prior to you getting it?
Hi thanks for your reply every 5 / 6 days nice and healthy size
[doublepost=1582870238,1582870180][/doublepost]
Take the click clack ouf of tank and put it on top of a heat mat which should take up no more than 1/3 of the surface of tub

You also want one end to be 30-33 and the other end at room temp, this allows them to thermoregulate
Thanks for your advice any more tips would be very helpful thanks
[doublepost=1582870333][/doublepost]Any more advice would be very helpful thanks I have done some reading so far I see that this is a common thing with stimson pythons

Put in click clack with heat mat and a hide.
Leave alone for a week in a quiet non traffic area and when feeding scent food with garden skink

Thanks heaps people so I have taken the advice click clack is on the heat matt temp on the warm end is 30-32 cooler side is 24-26 there my readings I will leave the snake alone as I have been doing for 4 days ?? .. try again thanks heaps for the feed .. it makes heaps of since what I was doing wrong the snake could not regulate
[doublepost=1582887794,1582887723][/doublepost]

Thanks I have taken your advice I will let u know how I go

Latest posts

Back