New to Reptiles new to forum looking at a Western Bearded Dragon.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Hat

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forum and joined up as it seems this forum is one of the more active and popular.

I live in Perth WA and have never kept a reptile before, i have had other pets in the past and have just moved into my own place with some mates. I've decided to get a reptile and have decided to start with a Pagona minor minor or Western Beardie (which seems to be the slang for them haha). I've done what i consider to be ample research and my housemate is a biologist and has even done some tagging north of Perth so i'm pretty aware of the commitment involved. I just had a few questions i was hoping some of you lovely people could help me with?

1. Do the Western Beardies take well to handling?
2. Is there recommended reading apart from fact sheets that is best for this species?
3. How long do they usually live for?
4. Do they eat fruit/veg (i've read mixed info on this)
5. Does anyone in Perth recommend a particular place to shop?
6. What size tank is suitable for a Western Beardie?
7. Will the air conditioning in my house affect the tank even with a light and a heat mat?

Hope you guys can help me out :)

Ive got a western beardy and he is so chilled, he loves being handled.
They eat a mix of fruit veg and insects. I got mine through reptile trader in rockingham but there a few different pet shops around perth that sell them as well or just keep a look out on gumtree and forums such as pilbara pythons forum. The aircon shoyldnt upset him just make sure you monitor the temps inside the enclosure. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back