newbie help. multiple pairs of diff species in together

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maingoe

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Firstly I have
3 jungles 2yrs and younger
3 water pythons under 1yr old
2 coastal carpets wild female that's over 2m and about 5inch think male about 2years

I just bought a huge tv cabniet that I have modded for them to all live together. I also have a spare 4foot and 3foot home but I'd rather use them as spares.

Main question is breeding them, the all pair naturaly and don't seem to curl up inter species but will I have to seperate?

Also could they get arrgessive towards each other?

The only problem iv encountered is feeding. Both male coastal and jungle will fight for same mouse. And the jungle will also attack his females if they have food but to fix that I take out biggest snakes and feed smallest first with no troubles.

Thanx for Ur help

Just make sure you keep a video camera handy.Will make for interesting viewing at some point.

Did I just read that correctly ? 8 snakes, 3 different species all housed together ?

You should have no problems i have a purple spotted monkey housed with my blue lion in my tv cabinet i feed them together with coco pops

:shock: WoW! Come on guys, dont be so harsh......just, just, oh nevermind, carry on!

Thanx for Ur help

No worries, anytime! APS members here 24/7 to 'help'......where they can ;)

By the way, i just noticed your comment in that exotics thread......the one about the koala's......:? What on earth did they ever do to you??

Last edited:
nice haul maingoe you have landed 13 oh 14 counting me all ready and i must say your choice of bait is quite amusing,i simply cannot wait for someone to take this serious and flip a lid......

Wild caught etc and in the books? Or WILD. Its a terrible idea. you want more space then get rid of something.

i second Ramsayi's comment!

.....survival of the fittest, the captive version,....!! :p

i reckon try throwing a few lizards in there as well, would be interesting to see who ends up winning the enclosure!!!

When does school holidays finish!? Can't wait!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back