Newbie saying hello

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoops

Reaction score
Hi all! Just getting into the world of reptiles. Loved them all my life but only recently have been able to be able to do something about owning something (Basically the Missus has moved out) Once the enclosure is sorted I'll be looking for a Python to live there. My Son is also very keen on a snake and I think ultimately it will be his setup, I'll be assisting him. Don't worry, he's an adult working full time but still living at home with me.

The enclosure will be a highly modified aquarium - I've read up about the issues with using one, but this is a large high sided unit that looks great in the living room already. The fish have found a new home and the tank is already under way with the mods - so far, both end panels removed to make way for access doors, back panel insulated with board so only the front will be glass anyway and it's 10mm thick so solid as. Also a new top frame going in to make it escape proof.

Will have questions about this as I continue. Once I have the basics done and I have a lockable setup I'll be asking lots of questions regarding the lighting, heating, vents, etc, etc so we have it just right before we find a new friend to inhabit it.

Looking forward to your expertise and assistance.

TIA - Snoops.

Seems pics on forums are universal :) - I usually frequent a Land Rover and Classic Caravan forum both of which I flood with pics. Once I have the enclosure back on it's stand I'll snap some pics - we are long way off getting anything to go in it yet. I want to make sure it is 100% before bringing a new family member home to it. :)

I'll have a LOT of questions about fitting it out correctly and we still need to narrow down what sort of snake we want and will be suitable long term - probably not something that will get too huge, although building a larger enclosure down the track woukdn't be the end of the world. :)
[doublepost=1536490719,1536489902][/doublepost]Ok, you want a pic... :)

Here's the enclosure when it was waterproof. Tank is 350 litres so a decent size but not huge and obviously not large enough long term if we get a larger species. All fish have been rehomed, tank now has both ends removed and framework ready to be installed that the side doors will hinge off so access from both sides. Will post more in the coming days. :)

Untitled by Gavin Gregory, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back