Newbie Shedding Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gem

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi All!
I've had my first snake (childrens python hatchie) for around a month now and I just love him!
So far my introduction into reptile keeping has been really awesome!
Just wanting some advice on shedding....
The last few days he has become less active, his colour has become dull, his belly has become slightly pink and he isn't pooing as much, all signs of shedding plus his breeder told me he should be due to shed soon as a few of his siblings have shed.
He is still eating and drinking.
What I'm wanting to know is do I need to do anything special or watch for anything at this time? Do I stop handling him or do I wait for his eyes to turn cloudy? Or do I do nothing and just let him do his thing?
Just wanting my first snake shed to go well hehe
Thanks for any help!
Gem

Just leave him be till he sheds they dont like being disturbed when going through shed, once he is done he will be raring to go for a feed.

You'll find that after being cloudy for a few days, he'll clear up and look pretty normal (but maybe a bit more wrinkly) then he'll shed. But the good advice so far - leave him alone until the process is finished, usually 10-14 days from start to finish.

Jamie

Thanks everyone so much for your advice!
I'll definitely take it on board and other than changing his water, I'll leave him alone.
His humidity is at 81% ( I live on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland and it's so sticky atm) is that ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back