Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first and second snakes are both Spotted Pythons, not too big, dont terrify the guests too much, we can find friends willing to feed them when we go away, and they are so placid. Any bigger and we may have had issues with friends being scared and no volunteers to baby sit while we are away, and I couldnt miss out on the holidays, not even for a snake..
Good luck with the decision.

Well ive finally done it! I have a bought an absolutely gorgeous little coastal. He has quite unusual patterning and is so friendly. I pick him up Monday so will post you guys a pic....thank you for all your help!

Welcome.... for snakes try the boys..Jason & Michel at Reptile City on Beach Rd ,ChristiesBeach... they are awesome & have a incredible variety.... my son wants either blonde stimpsons or macs , he will get them from the boys around easter (he doesnt know it though...glad he doesnt go on this sight yet!)

We are all settled in our new environment. Hes VERY friendly....and keen to explore! Hes spent all day doing acrobatics climbing every nook and cranny and seems very active. Only time he curled up in his hide was over night...then back out exploring this morning...he dosnt sit still!

How do I know if hes stressed and unhappy? Not sure if all this movement is a good or bad sign with a new snake. He is a yearling. The owner said wait a week before trying a feed...how do I know if hes hungry....as he really does seem to be looking for food....or maybe im just thinking he is?

Im very excited....and very keen to be a good Mummy as hes absolutely gorgeous! I will hopefully get some pics downloaded today.

Welcome Defiant and well done on your new addition.:D Great to see the South ozzie numbers building up. I agree with dragon lady, Reptile City is an excellent place to go. The boys cant help enough but Reptile Gully at Modbury is another option depending on where you are. Be warned;) ......you have be bitten by the herp bug! Its incurable!!!:lol::lol::lol:
P.S. Happy New Year.

Great you got your first snake... Didn't get to suggest an awesome water python before you got one so i'll post some pics for next time you want you next snake :p (it won't be that long.... trust me). As a few have said womas are a great snake... and temptest is 100% correct first time i met womas i wanted to sell everything i ahd to buy some :| They're stunning and fantastic snakes. Hoping to get mine very soon. Even my mother was convinced on the idea or her buying me some.. the whole family can love womas :p

Heres some water python pics.. these are awesoem snakes.. they do get an undeserved name for being snappy i found mine were only really snappy when they were hungry. They eat more than anything i own :|
tn_100_6343.jpg

Mmm.. belly
tn_100_4207.jpg

tn_100_4217.jpg

Colourfiul
tn_100_4164.jpg

A shot i took couple weeks back when female was about to shed.
Resized_tn_100_6650.jpg

Okay.. i like water pythons, don't tell anyone though!

snow1369 that is one awesome snake. The colours are just beautiful. I was put off by the temperament thing with them but am now having a re-think.:D

He's gorgeous defiant, nice addition to the family. Congrats.

Nice snake! His markings are lovely.:D Well done.

my first snake was a murray/darling Carpet Python, brillaint to eat, shed, handle- hes just gorgeous
and they hit arounf the 6ft mark- perfect beginners snake, and also, to support your local herps- MD Carpets are found around adelaide!

oops- i see u got a coastal instead......GRRR!

lol- naa all Morelia's are awesome in my opinion

hehehhe....yes i was seriously looking at darlings....but the markings and temprement of this little guy won me over. I know I havnt even had him a week yet....but im hooked! Just had a funny moment....he was out having a crawl over me and i had a tie on my dress which he brushed and knocked.....he must have seen it move out of the corner of his eye and struck at it....coiled around it and became entwined in it.....anyone also got the opinion hes hungry? LOL

Sounds like he might be. Give him a feed and see how he goes - the worst that can happen is that he doesn't eat and you have to throw the food out. Some of mine fed day one after arriving - one little bugger took about six weeks from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back