newby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fella243

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry for all the noob questions i just really want to make sure i get it right before i buy my snake. Alot of people say put newspaper down in the bottom of my enclosure, do i put it half paper and and have the heat pad away from the paper? Also i live in Cairns where it is cold for maybe 1-2hrs in the morning what temp should the enclosure be constantly siiting at? I have been reading articals where top temp is max 36 and min temp of 24 is this correct for a jungle python

Many thanks guys

Fella

What sort of snake r u getting and heat pad should probably have something on top of it like a tile or under the enclosure depending on what type

The heat pad goes under the enclosure, never in it. If its a hatchy then paper towel is easiest and switch to newspaper when you put it in a larger enclosure.

Im getting a jungle python and the enclosure its going in is huge its a corner tv unit made from hardwood.So if i was to put a tile over the heat pad that would sort the issue out.Also me little man is 6 months old

Look up how to make a click clack (search bar) a hatchling snake wont need anything more than that. And heat mats always go outside of the enclosure to prevent burns (some are well known for catching fire)

Using a heat mat under glass enclosures yes.... But not under thicker wood melamine lol...put mat between slate or tiles

Sorry I assumed being a hatchy it would be put in a tub, a much preferred method, and the heat mat would go on the outside. In a larger enclosure, which I would not recommend for a hatchy, a light or CHE would be preferred.

My Jungle was an unhappy terrible feeder while in a tub. At 7 months he went into a 400L vertical enclosure and has thrived ever since.

Tubs are preferred, but if give them lots of hiding places, the right temp and privacy to settle in, it might do really well in the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back