Newcastle Reptile Show

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacorin

Reaction score
Just to let people know, there will be NO Newcastle Show next year.The SOFAR committee said they wont do it.Maybe the year after if the new committees can work it out

Did they give any reasons for giving up this early jacorin? I know there was a few annoying changes at some last year with no business names etc of sellers to suit NPWS whims .

Its because of the fact they can't get any members or volunteers to help out. This year they had a lot of problems and the people that did help did a huge amount of work. I believe they even had trouble getting any nominations for the committee at the agm this year so they have decided to give it a miss due to disinterest.

The amount of work required to stage a well run Expo is significantly underrated by the majority. I can understand their hesitation in moving forward without the commitment from members. In most cases with events like these the work starts many months in advance - many people don't see or understand that. A poorly run event only ticks people off and affects long term event viability. Kudos to them for realising they don't have the traction and making an early call.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a shame to lose the historical knowledge that has been gained over the years from previous expos, but volunteers get tired. It will be a big accomplishment to get it going again from scatch but the organisation has fallen upon the same old few who have other responsibilities and needs besides propping up the club. Perhaps the space will allow new blood to become involved instead of watching from the sideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back