Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathy1986

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
i have a windorah stimson i love it to bits but its soo small and i was wanting something bigger next whats the best i love olives but they get huge and i like jungles too but i see so many people saying they are snappy and i dont want just a normal carpet and i dont have the funds for a GTP lol soo what else is out there thats an attractive snake

I'm wanting a woma for my next snake. probably the tanami woma.

Jungles are gorgeous and don't deserve the bad rep they always get. Although you can get some really feisty ones, you can also get some really placid ones. If you're after a calm one then maybe get look at jungles 1+ years old and if local, try to get a chance to handle it.

If you like the look of olives then I'm tentatively suggesting a water python. They have the same body shape as olives and only grow to 2ish metres. They also have similar colouring, albeit a bit browner with yellower bellies and an amazing rainbow sheen. Their temperaments seem to vary like the jungles; some a nasty, some are incredibly gentle and I know one cheeky bugger who bites if you let your guard down. I personally am not a huge fan of waters compared to olives, but you might like to consider them =D

Albino Darwin carpets look nice, and are going down in price fairly quickly... BHP are also nice and cheap 400 gets you a nice yearling normally sometimes cheaper!. beautiful snakes!

Water pythons are very nice, there are jags and hypo coloured coastals all cheaper these days, other wise woma, bhp or jungles, I love the julatten jungles(someone on here was going to pair up some hot white julattens) can't remember who

Bredli :p They are great snakes, extremely placid and easy to feed...then so are womas...but they cost a little bit more!

sounds like you need a water python :lol: lol I am biased

they honestly do seem to cover all the points mentioned though: big but not too big, not an average carpet, nice colours & they can be found fairly cheaply. don't let people put you off buying cheaper ones either. the genus or cost of the animal has little to do with temperament variance. You could buy an expensive cranky snake or a cheap placid snake you really never know, then it comes down to you and your husbandry.

It's been mentioned a fair bit on these forums, don't let a few cons turn you off something you want, snakes live well over 10 years in most cases, that's a long time, you don't want to be feeding and housing something for that long if your not happy with it.

albino darwin hands down... stunning to look at, very placid, get big without being massive, very hardy and not heaps expensive.. im bias(sp?) though..

albino darwin hands down... stunning to look at, very placid, get big without being massive, very hardy and not heaps expensive.. im bias(sp?) though..

To the exception of jeffs she devil albino, noone it won't bite lol

I second a Bredli. They're one of my favourites. Big, but not too big (except my girl but she's wiiiiide, and on a diet:)) and I can't speak for all of them, but my big girl is a pleasure to handle. So calm, unless you're a rodent:)

y2evapes.jpg
is Tanami Woma !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back