Nhulunbuy (Gove) snakes.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oenpelli-Girl

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just moved to Nhulunbuy (Gove) and was wondering if anybody knows any very common snakes to see. I have heard that the Moon Snake is popular up here, is it true?

Bye From Annie:D

Hey there, I lived in Gove for a while... Common snakes that I found while I was there are Water Pythons, Childreds Python, BHP's, Western Browns, Mulga Snakes, Northern Death Adders, Orange Naped Snakes, Small Eyed Snakes, Black Whip Snakes, Slate Grey Snakes, Keelbacks, Green Tree Snake, Brown Tree Snakes and Bockdams. All of these I found on the RD to the airport and just driving around at night. The Bockdams I use to find at night in a tinny with a mate around the mangroves.

Others in Gove that I never seen were Darwin Carpets, Olives and Mcleays Water Snakes.

Great fishing too :)

Oh ive also found Weigeli in jabiru and batchelor but not in gove, also there is suppose to be Coastal Taipans up there... dont forget file snakes. Good spot for them is under small stream/creek bridges. Just shine a torch over into the water at night on the side were the water is coming out from under the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back