Nickname help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we have other reptiles with Nordic names as homage to our Viking heritage;Freyr,Frigg,Odin
We have a MD named Thor, although I'm not sure my wife named it for my Swedish heritage, or for Chris Hemsworth. :rolleyes:

Why not something like Yurmy for short? That ties in with the pronunciation of the full name.

I'm not sure thats any easier to pronounce than Jörmungandr
True, yet, whatever you call it, it's never going to know it anyway. :p I personally don't ever name my reptile pets... What's the point? The Dogs and birds have names, because they can recognise their names and interact when called, my snakes are just that, Anteresia maculosa & Anteresia stimsoni. AKA (MDU's - Mouse Disposal Units 1 and 2.) :D

True, yet, whatever you call it, it's never going to know it anyway. :p I personally don't ever name my reptile pets... What's the point? The Dogs and birds have names, because they can recognise their names and interact when called, my snakes are just that, Anteresia maculosa & Anteresia stimsoni. AKA (MDU's - Mouse Disposal Units 1 and 2.) :D
That might be true for snakes who are supposedly deaf,but I have had a beardy for more than 8 years who knows his name; If I say hello Sarge he always looks at me. I know reptiles can learn repetitive behaviour but he reacts when I say his name and this is before I do any of the systemic things like feeding or cleaning and don't think he is my only reptile,we have more than 35 so I don't spend all day talking to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back