Night of the monstor snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
This trip I found a couple of monster snakes. Well.. they were huge for the species.
First up was the Brown Tree Snake spotted crossing the road. Hes was over 1.5 meters long. After I pulled over Another car came along the road and carefully avoided him. Its always nice when you see things like that

Attachments

• DSC_2413.JPG
    DSC_2413.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_2416.JPG
    DSC_2416.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 84
haha check those alien eyes out ;) Nice sizable find for a bts Fuscy.

oh - and the food was out. Normally to photo small furballs you need to trap them but this guys just froze long enough for me to get out of the van, walk over and photo him. Anyone game enough to ID him?

Attachments

• DSC_2471.JPG
    DSC_2471.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 65
Specking of food, the next (and last) monster snake. He was very photo-sensitive and would not stay in the light. This explains why the Bandy-Bandy was out, there was no moon so I think the blind-snakes were out wandering.
And when I moved him out of the way of the cars he defended himself. I'm normally immune to this form of attack ( In fact I can employ it, in my hey-day, and with the help of some chilli-beans, I could clear Bunnings) but this was bad. Properly because he was such a large snake. I nearly vomited and ended up having to scrub myself and every thing I touched

Attachments

• DSC_2474.JPG
    DSC_2474.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_2479.JPG
    DSC_2479.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_2481.JPG
    DSC_2481.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 65
And to end on a sad note. I was on the way to camp when I saw this guy in front of the car. I was so certain I hit him I swore. A U-turn to check the animal reveled the animal had indeed been hit by a car and was dead but I am certain it was not me. Horrific the injuries were, I doubt that they would have killed him instantly and, if I hit him, the animal would have still been alive.

Still, not a good end to the night

Attachments

• Dsc_2486.jpg
    Dsc_2486.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 135
nice pics, I hate the tiny blind snakes we have here, I am happy we dont get those huge ones here. shame about the stephens banded, lucky to see the bandy bandy. if we go out now all we see is golden crowned snakes and small eyeds and blackish blind snakes, maybe swamp snakes (judging by the roadkill and what we have seen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back