Night time heating ideas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddlefish

Not so new Member
Reaction score
so I have my perty new enclosure and have all these ideas going on in my head about what I want to do with it, so, sure its been done many a times before, but just curious on other peoples opinions on heating. My preferred option at this point in time would be to use a heat mat, bbbuuuuuuutttttt I can not attach the heat mat to the underneath of the glass, which means I would have to attach it to the back or inside the tank.. I thought about placing it underneath some stone tiles, just curious on if this would work or if the stones would heat up too much n risk burning my beardie, possible water spills etc, Ive heard some people say they don't like using heat mats at all.... Ideas, opinions??

Heat cords are alot safer than heat mats! I asume your trying to heat the substrate? and I wouldn't place anything ontop of the heat mat they need to breath or they will heat up too much

Your beardie will be just fine without night time heating, it doesnt get that cold on the GC to worry about it. :)

if your on the GC i wouldnt worry about it. its warm enough.
certainly too hot for me to live up there being in victoria and what most melbournians call freezing ballarat

Last edited:
since my dragons free range during the day instead of basking i heat them at night.
...by putting heated wheatbags on their bean bag and covering them with towels to sleep,....they love beanbag time! :)

So even in the middle of winter do you think it would be warm enough to not have any kind of heat running during the night? I mean i know it doesnt really get cold here, but still drops to like 10 degrees..

I wonder how cold it gets in the desert overnight during summer & winter?
My guess is it's a lot colder than it does on the Gold Coast.
Just provide them with insulated hides so they can maintain their heat & they will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back