Ninja 300...its arrived!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice skelhorn , never been big on kawasaki myself more of a yamaha boy but ive never looked into their roadbikes only ever dirt bikes , speaking of bikes with power though my cousins boyfriend has one of those v8 dirt drag bikes , the ones that use a v8 car motor and have to be completely modified and basically hand made , those things bloody move heres a quick vid off youtube

V8 Dirt drag bikes - YouTube

Congrats Skelhorn! Looks awesome! Would you recommend it as a first bike however?

Very nice!!! Always loved the ninja's, and love that green. Usually green isn't a colour I like either, but this is just the right shade :D
Stock:
V Star 650 stock pipes sound check - YouTube

Short Shots:
V Star 650 Vance & Hines Short Shots sound check - YouTube

LOVE IT! What a difference! Sounds tough! Gotta be happy with that right?

- - - Updated - - -

nice skelhorn , never been big on kawasaki myself more of a yamaha boy but ive never looked into their roadbikes only ever dirt bikes , speaking of bikes with power though my cousins boyfriend has one of those v8 dirt drag bikes , the ones that use a v8 car motor and have to be completely modified and basically hand made , those things bloody move heres a quick vid off youtube

V8 Dirt drag bikes - YouTube

Farrrrrr out man! Thats insane....look at the slide as the start of the drag haha, would never be up for that tho, little bit too hard core for me hahahaha!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats Skelhorn! Looks awesome! Would you recommend it as a first bike however?

Mate its my first bike, would recommend it above all :p but I have not the greatest background with bikes however from previously what I have riden and looked at nothing compares. The Ninja 300's are completely different to the 250's. New body brace, slipper clutch, larger tyre, more power are just a few of the differences but I would recommend it to all. Its smooth at all rev ranges, takes off easy and doesn't require thrashing to get to the speed limit. I have not taken it over 6000rpm and am incredibly inpressed with the handling and power at what I have taken it to already. Very comfortable ride also with a new changed seating position to allow upright riding.
Def worth the test drive if interested!

Farrrrrr out man! Thats insane....look at the slide as the start of the drag haha, would never be up for that tho, little bit too hard core for me hahahaha!

- - - Updated - - -
yea they are id never be able to hang on i dont think :) , his also got nitro Harley's that he races from time to time but his a big guy so the v8s suit him better , im not totally sure as i haven't seen him in a while and only found that vid the other week but i think he might be the guy that is closest to the camera as they take off , im not sure though only thing that makes me think it is is the design of the bike most of them sit with the engine just infront of them and they sit in an upright position but with his he sits laying down like that in a super man position and has the gear shifter back behind him ( if you look closely you can see him put in it first ) , like i said though im not totally sure if it is him but the bike is the same and i dont think theres many like it

Yeah man its something completely different....I will stick to the ninja on tarmac I think :p

Saw the same bike in Gympie A few days ago. It wasn't you was it? LOL

Saw the same bike in Gympie A few days ago. It wasn't you was it? LOL

Haha Na Kr0nick...have not taken it that far yet. Only picked this one up on Saturday. Bloody rain tho! Has made it hard for me to get out!!!

Haha yeh lol at least it is buggered off for now.

Must have been A twin of yours then lol

Yep, that, and you will get a better seal in your pistons if you hook it from the start ;)
ive had people tell me similar , same people end up rebuilding their bikes regularly , ive only ever had 2 new bikes but listened to a mate of mine whos a mechanic (for cars though ) and ran it in for the first few tanks and slowly upped the throttle and held gears longer like i was told and both of them ran like a dream the whole time i owned them , guess it comes down to personal preference and opinions really :)

My Gsxr 600 yes only a 600 does 178 kph in second gear before it hits rev limiter,,,still wondering y i got anuva 4 gears to go.........OHHH yes cause it gets up to near 300 kph ...i remember now lol :lol:

In response to all the tupperware and mobile armchairs I thought I had better post pics of my baby. Honda CB750.. otherwise known as a PROPER motorbike! :lol:

View attachment 279751 View attachment 279752 View attachment 279753

Haha.. just kidding. Those little Ninja's are lovely. I used to have the Z1000 (old one with square tank) in the same Kwak green.

Great track shots Ozimid! Is that Mallory Park?

LOVE IT! What a difference! Sounds tough! Gotta be happy with that right?

Very! It was embarrassing sitting at the lights having another bike come up next to me that sounded tougher than my washing machine stock pipes lol. People are more willing to get out of my way now :twisted:

In response to all the tupperware and mobile armchairs I thought I had better post pics of my baby. Honda CB750.. otherwise known as a PROPER motorbike! :lol:

Haha.. just kidding. Those little Ninja's are lovely. I used to have the Z1000 (old one with square tank) in the same Kwak green.

Try posting the pictures again...didnt work for me :( yeah like I said not in it for the major speed, more the enjoyment of freedom lol and this little bad boy does an excellent job indeed :) ya'll keep your monsters and I will putter around :p ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Very! It was embarrassing sitting at the lights having another bike come up next to me that sounded tougher than my washing machine stock pipes lol. People are more willing to get out of my way now :twisted:

Yeah I will (after 6-12months) get headers and a full exhaust system....just for that slightly more meaty sound :p happy to keep it for stock for now...save some money then spend the cash :)

Hi bud, congrats.... That's one lovely looking bike... Am sure its a grate ride too... Check this site out, got an exhaust for my 05 R6 from there and trust me, I was super happy... Keep riding and b safe... Cheers...

http://www.speedycom.co.uk

Attachments

• 24-10-06_1216.jpg
    24-10-06_1216.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 81
Hi bud, congrats.... That's one lovely looking bike... Am sure its a grate ride too... Check this site out, got an exhaust for my 05 R6 from there and trust me, I was super happy... Keep riding and b safe... Cheers...

http://www.speedycom.co.uk

Cheers mate :) I will check that website out :) very nice bike. Must have a bit of up and go :p lools deadly as for a bike that's 7 years old! Love it

One at Mallory park and the other Donington (Marlboro loop) lol

A little info about the 300 for those interested!

The Ninja 300 has a larger-displacement 296cc fuel-injected parallel twin engine with dual throttle valves. In terms of power the 300 will gain 7bhp with an output of 39bhp. As manufacturers are seemingly reinventing a class that was previously owned by 250cc two-strokes, despite being a four-stroke the Ninja 300 is getting close to their power figures as the old RG250 Gamma only did about 45bhp.

The new bike also features "advanced racing-derived technology" in the form of a slipper clutch and a back-torque limiter.

The 300 takes its styling cues from the Ninja family with the windscreen from the ZX-10R, dual headlights like the ZX-6R, and fairing and wheels reminiscent of the ZZR1400. The Ninja 300 will also be avaiable with ABS.

Key features from Kawasaki:

Uncontested performance!

Fuel-injected parallel twin engine with dual throttle valves
Increased displacement (296 cc) for power and torque exceeding the class
Superior acceleration and top speed
Circuit-bred chassis performance

High level of chassis stability from new frame
Wider 140 mm rear tyre
High-quality ride feel

Excellent chassis stability
Low vibration
Excellent heat management.
Reduced heat

Changes for improved heat management mean less heat reaches the rider:
Large openings in fairing
Radiator fan cover
Available with latest-spec compact ABS unit

Specifications on par with units used on our top-of-the-line supersport models
Advanced racing-derived technology

F.C.C. Assist & Slipper Clutch offers light clutch actuation, sporty feel
Race-style back-torque limiting function
Brilliant styling, directly related to larger Ninja and ZZR models

Ninja ZX-10R-style "floating windscreen"
Dual headlights (like Ninja ZX-6R)
ZZR1400-style fairing and wheel design
Sporty aluminium foot-pegs and complex silencer shape (like big Ninja models)
Modern instrumentation

Analogue-style tachometer
Multi-function LCD features include fuel gauge, dual trip meters, clock, Economical Riding Indicator

Ok u can stop copy and paste from the Kwaka site now ...lol.....i got 2 boys in me house that r interested in one and the mrs also....hope they get it so i can test it....well ok ill thrash it but it be fun for few minssssssssssss....lol........Great looking bikes hey buddy!!!!!!!!!!!.well for a 300 but u gota say me GSXR is sexy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back