Ninja 300...its arrived!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice Happy!!!! What modificications did you do to this bad boy???

Cosmetic - Phatriser handlebar risers and sissy bar.
Performance - Vance n Hines Short Shot exhausts, Kuryakyn Mach II air cleaner and it's been re-jetted twice.
It's no rocket but I'm happy with it.

Performance - Vance n Hines Short Shot exhausts, Kuryakyn Mach II air cleaner and it's been re-jetted twice.
haha lucky i didnt tell you to take that off when i first saw it then huh ;) (jokes) nice bike im guessing thats been added for the missus to tag along ?

I've found out the list to bike mods is far shorter than cars...should save the bank however but still hard deciding what yo get done haha

Dooood, I recommend just going with some stickier tyres and a slip-on. And a fender eliminator :) Don't take this the wrong way (I think it's an awesome bike) but I bet you wont have that bike for very long until it starts to get a little long in the tooth.
If you wanted to go further than that you can get a power commander or something similar and get some dyno time. Anything more is just throwing money away IMO.

This is the hubby's, hes not happy with me atm though because it's on ebay to add extra funds our house deposit lol :p
Its a CBR 1000-RR Fireblade
20130131_142041.jpg

Dooood, I recommend just going with some stickier tyres and a slip-on. And a fender eliminator :) Don't take this the wrong way (I think it's an awesome bike) but I bet you wont have that bike for very long until it starts to get a little long in the tooth.
If you wanted to go further than that you can get a power commander or something similar and get some dyno time. Anything more is just throwing money away IMO.

I was told that most of the time having time on a Dyno machine is a bit of a waste of money. I was told that unless your motor has had a lot of work the tune that a good mechanic will give it and the tune they can give you using a Dyno wouldn't be that much difference.

Yeah I was just thinking a full exhaust system, air filter, power commander and tune :) Nothing major. I don't think I will upgrade for quite some time just yet. One step at a time :D

- - - Updated - - -

I was told that most of the time having time on a Dyno machine is a bit of a waste of money. I was told that unless your motor has had a lot of work the tune that a good mechanic will give it and the tune they can give you using a Dyno wouldn't be that much difference.

The tune that the mechanic gives it??? I am new to bikes but with cars mechanics can't tune them without a dyno???? So the tune that the mechanic would be to give it would have to be on a dyno anyways?

- - - Updated - - -

about 170hp +

Deadly power....that would def get up and go haha

- - - Updated - - -

This is the hubby's, hes not happy with me atm though because it's on ebay to add extra funds our house deposit lol :p
Its a CBR 1000-RR Fireblade
View attachment 281087

Owch....how harsh of you :p

I can understand the whole house deposit but that just sucks. My mate has one of these......these things are F'ing deadly as hell!

Owch....how harsh of you :p

I can understand the whole house deposit but that just sucks. My mate has one of these......these things are F'ing deadly as hell!

They attract ALOT of speeding fines as well lol
His has the Power Commander, Jardine Dual Carbon exhaust (I always know when he's a few blocks away haha) and all that jazz so I wasn't surprised (wasn't happy either) when he lost his license about 2 years ago for doing 190+km/h on the freeway! The $2k fine didnt go down well either!!
After he got it back he decided to behave himself and just become a weekend rider ;)
Silly boy......

I have to admit it's a sexy bike though, always turning heads and has people looking :)

With my bike and the power commander you can alter all of the settings via a laptop and there is usually a web site that you can type your upgrades into and it will tell you what settings the manufacturer recommends for best performance. The mechanic I use will use this as a guide then make minor adjustments that he know helps with tuning and then will ride it and make more minor adjustments. He told me that I could take it to a synonym shop to get the perfect tuning for my bike but the money outlay was not worth the small gain that I may get. Dyno machines are for more high performance engines and for people that are after small improvements on the track.

haha lucky i didnt tell you to take that off when i first saw it then huh ;) (jokes) nice bike im guessing thats been added for the missus to tag along ?
Don't you like it Thomas? I originally had it without the bar or pillion seat but didn't like the look. I then added the pillion seat and later added the bar. I use saddlebags at times and I think these cruisers don't look good when they've got bags but no pillion seat. After all that, the missus won't go on it. I take other people though, and it's a great place to tie my swag.

Don't you like it Thomas? I originally had it without the bar or pillion seat but didn't like the look. I then added the pillion seat and later added the bar. I use saddlebags at times and I think these cruisers don't look good when they've got bags but no pillion seat. After all that, the missus won't go on it. I take other people though, and it's a great place to tie my swag.
no i dont really like the look of them myself but it does come down to personal preference , but i will agree that there very practical if you do a bit of doubling , i was on the back of a softail with one of those curved seats that run down the back guard and i nearly slid off the back when they gave it some throttle thats why i thought you may of had to add it for the missus

Bored atm....anyone on the sunshine coast who wants to go for a spurt into the hillzzz?

This was it before the seat and sissy bar. I thought it was too much rear guard.

Attachments

• IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 75
This was it before the seat and sissy bar. I thought it was too much rear guard.

Looks better after the works :) good effort mate :)

- - - Updated - - -

With my bike and the power commander you can alter all of the settings via a laptop and there is usually a web site that you can type your upgrades into and it will tell you what settings the manufacturer recommends for best performance. The mechanic I use will use this as a guide then make minor adjustments that he know helps with tuning and then will ride it and make more minor adjustments. He told me that I could take it to a synonym shop to get the perfect tuning for my bike but the money outlay was not worth the small gain that I may get. Dyno machines are for more high performance engines and for people that are after small improvements on the track.

Arrrt gotchat mate. Yeah you can do the sane things with cars. From experience I personally do not believe you can beat a Dyno tune. Custom designed run in specifically for the machine. A Dyno is only $400-$600 if the mechanic is decent

- - - Updated - - -

They attract ALOT of speeding fines as well lol
His has the Power Commander, Jardine Dual Carbon exhaust (I always know when he's a few blocks away haha) and all that jazz so I wasn't surprised (wasn't happy either) when he lost his license about 2 years ago for doing 190+km/h on the freeway! The $2k fine didnt go down well either!!
After he got it back he decided to behave himself and just become a weekend rider ;)
Silly boy......

I have to admit it's a sexy bike though, always turning heads and has people looking :)

Hahaha I am sure they do attract some speeding fines...its not hard to exceed the speed limit and especially in something like that haha! How effective was the power commander on that bike? 190 on the freeway....and he actually stopped for the copper :eek: :p

Last edited:
Hahaha I am sure they do attract some speeding fines...its not hard to exceed the speed limit and especially in something like that haha! How effective was the power commander on that bike? 190 on the freeway....and he actually stopped for the copper :eek: :p

He had his rego, the copper didn't have a radar gun or know his actual speed so went by what speed he had to do to catch up I think, he caught up once he had slowed but because of cameras in the car he had him. The ticket said exceed speed limit by excess of 80km/h, he wouldn't tell me how fast he was actually going -_-

This was years ago however I wont let him forget ;)

I don't know what the actual increase was from the power commander but its faster and more responsive apparently.

Hahahaha the joys of it all right :p I opened mine up to 10,000 rpm this avo in 2nd, 3rd and 4th, very smooth and comfortable :) and enough power to get you out of a situation if need be...plus that whine....my god it was sexy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back