No restrictions on APS....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchy88

Reaction score
Just looking over some threads and got to thinking it would be a bit like a reality tv show if there were no restrictions on here for swearing and abuse obviously they are there for good reason but maybe just for one day they could have no restrictions just for some fun hahaha I reckon there would be a few good scuffles I know I wanted to let a few people have it just a thought haha

You don't need to swear and abuse to make your point. You come off far more intelligent if you don't need to resort to it.

Sometimes a good "<insert expletive here> you!!" makes you feel better, but "You're wrong because <insert valid argument here>" comes off as a lot more eloquent, and also serves to make you not look like a neanderthal, meaning (theoretically) more people will pay attention to what you haveto say :)

If you really feel the need to make your point to someone and make it personal, just pm them and continue the argument, exchange of verbal abuse and name calling and such via pm.

Feel free to do it.
No need for an audience.

If you really feel the need to make your point to someone and make it personal, just pm them and continue the argument, exchange of verbal abuse and name calling and such via pm.

Feel free to do it.
No need for an audience.

you can't swear in a pm.

I'd think the forum would self destruct !

You should have seen the forums over night (when the mods were in bed) years ago..... the mods were certainly left busy in the mornings and we all copped the ban hammer at one stage or another :p

It was always entertaining, we passed around the popcorn and had personalised flame proof suits :lol:

Just looking over some threads and got to thinking it would be a bit like a reality tv show if there were no restrictions on here for swearing and abuse obviously they are there for good reason but maybe just for one day they could have no restrictions just for some fun hahaha I reckon there would be a few good scuffles I know I wanted to let a few people have it just a thought haha

If what you advocate was allowed the Forum would degenerate into a place sensible rational people (the very people we want to encourage) would maybe leave, this is not a predicament I and the vast majority of members would want. The rules on this forum are there to make it an enjoyable place to be and their are systems in place to deal with anti social behaviour. As a member I really enjoy reading the terrific threads members start and to have what is a small minority of individuals disrupt this is neither reasonable or fair.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Don't get me wrong its there for reason allowing people to as questions and talk without prejudice I just got a sick sense of humour and reckon it would entertaining

Last edited:
Actually they can.
They can also look at anything that is said in the chat room PM's.
I found this out the hard way LOL

Don't give away too many trade secrets.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

I thought only administrators could see PMs
Thats how it was on another forum I was mod on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back