Northern Bluey - a bit different....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra_man87

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased a group of Northern Blue Tongues and have noticed 1 is a little different to the other 4. This one has no golden/orange colouration on its back or sides at all, and has completely black eyes.

I have searched the net to see if i could find any info about the full black eyes, but am unable to find anything. So i was just wondering if there are any Bluey breeders who have the same thing and has it affected the lizard in any way?? I thought he may have been blind, but he chases crickets and roaches down no probs so i'm not sure what the go is.

Sorry about the pic quality, was taken on my phone.

Cheers
Dan

Attachments

• PIC2.jpg
    PIC2.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 380
WOW possesed perhaps hehe nah i hav no idea just thought i would say he looks pretty cool with black eyes... did a search too and couldnt fnd anything - would be interesting to find out

WOW! man that is cool. I hope it's not anything to do with health.

Could be way off but, translusent beardies have black eyes. Try lifting it up to light n see if its see through........ As i said could be way off.

Here is a couple of updated pics of this guy. They have more then doubled in size and even 2 of the others now seem to be losing the darker markings from their sides as they grow. Another thing i have noticed is that the lighter one has a pure white belly and the others are all covered in orange/pink scales.

Northern1.jpg Northern2.jpg Northern3.jpg

They are doing what that line should it is a very light line. It will get better too.

Thanks for letting me know! They are a great group of Blueys and powering along. Thanks heaps.

Cheers
Dan

Yeah i have seen animals like that ranging to pure white from the same litter , is that the line from darwin? anyway when you breed them pm me i want one!

Frozenmouse it is not that line. This line is the Mark line but from the founding animals that Mark dose not even have.

I don't know much about them but it's one cool-looking lizard considering it looks so different. Hopefully it's blessed with good health. Very nice looking animals you've scored there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back