Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

froggyboy86

Reaction score
Just some pics from a quick frogging trip through northern NSW. Conditions wern't that great surprisingly and despite the heavy rains most sites were fairly dry and cold. Still got a variety of herps however:

Frogs:

Assa darlingtoni
Adelotus brevis
Crinia parinsignifera
Crinia signifera
Lechriodus fletcheri
Limnodynastes dumerilli dumerilli
Limnodynastes peroni
Limnodynastes tasmaniensis
Litoria dentata
Litoria fallax
Litoria latopalmata
Litoria pearsoniana
Litoria peroni
Litoria verreauxi verreauxi
Litoria wilcoxi
Mixophyes balbus
Mixophyes fasciolatus
Mixophyes fleayi
Philoria sphagnicolus
Pseudophryne bibroni
Pseudophryne coriacea
Uperoleia rugosa

Some scenery shots
Scenery1.jpg

Scenery2.jpg

Red-backed Toadlet (Pseudophryne coriacea)
Pseudophrynecoriaceaadult1.jpg

Marsupial Frog (Assa darlingtoni)
Assadarlingtoniadult1.jpg

Sphagnum Frog (Philoria sphagnicolus)
Philoriasphagnicolusadult1.jpg

The endangered Fleay's Barred Frog (Mixophyes fleayi)
Mixophyesfleayi.jpg

Some skinks I'm not sure of the ID...

First one reminds me of Saiphos equalis ... it was found near Tenterfield so I'm not sure if its range extends that far?
Skink2.jpg

The second skink was found in rainforest near Lismore...
Skink1.jpg

Lots of other common skinks etc were seen. Only snakes were a Yellow Faced Whipsnake and a Rough Scaled Snake that we didn't photograph.

Aaron

nice shots, yes it looks like saiphos equalis (three toed skink) second skink is some sort of eulamprus spp (probably a murrays skink or bar sided skink. did you see any cane toads or is it to cold for them in that area?

Thanks for that Ryan, I was leaning towards a Bar Sided Skink. I rarely see cane toads in dense forest in NSW. We didn't spend long in habitat where they occured but we did get one on the road between sites at night. I'm sure after rain they would have been prolific - The most I have gotten in one night in that area is 73. They seem more common in disturbed habitats in NSW but in Queensland I have gotten them in both 'pristine' woodland and urban/rural areas.

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back