Not long now

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stockeh

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
There isnt much time left, get in now and save yourself 10% off our entire product range and 20% off our heat cords,

all orders received before midnight tonight will be eligible for this offer

Remember we deliver Australia wide www.animalattraction.com.au the only place for all of your reptile needs

Take care
Matt and the team
www.animalattraction.com.au

so, if i were to seal one under tiles for a 6x3x2 box which wattage should i be looking at?
I'll order one right now if you can tell me.

:)

Kee

hey kee the wattage only increases due to the length of the cord... the heat generated is about the same no matter what length, so it comes down to how much of the surface area you would like to cover.

But looking at the area of the box (you are looking at 18sq feet of floor space) i would recommend the 9m job

so, honest opinion, would it be better to coil up 9 meters of cord under a 2x2 or 3x2 area, or buy some heat tape/heat matting off you?

as far as floor heating goes i dont think you can beat the heat tape,

but then again if you are covering it with tile then the heat cord wont develop hot spots like the tape can (it is recommended by the manafacturers that all of the heat tape products be limited with a thermostat otherwise they are a fire risk)

I'll be running a probe under the tile regardless, Ok cheers Matt i'll put an order through.

not a problem mate hope i helped... hear from you soon

Why does everyone keep saying the wattage per length is the same? The longer cords have progressively higher wattages per length. The 9m cord has more than double the wattage per metre compared to the 4m cord - a little over double the length but more than five times the total wattage.

Anyway, while it's still before midnight - I'll take a 6m cord, stockeh :)

no worries sdaji will get it off to you tomorrow mate, i didnt say the wattage was the same i said the heat was the wattage increases due to length to maintain that heat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back