Not the End update.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well, we're finally ready for the BIG BUCKET LIST LAP.

I did three months chemo and radiation and my alien has shrunk out of sight and I feel good. So Sunday we head down the Centre. Car is fully set up. 12,000 lb winch, on board compressor and big stereo fitted since these pics. Note the sideways LEDS on the bullbar for better night herping! The stereo is to chase away those crazy Mexican campers who want to camp 3 meters away when there are acres of space.

DSC_0287_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0285_edited-1.jpg

Of course it's raining in the Centre so we are up for some mud mirth.

My travel blog is still not set up but will be soon. (cant recommend HostPapa as a webhost- useless) Once it is I will post details here. Final pack up and farewells on Saturday then off on Sunday. Leave the bitumen at Tenant Creek for Davenport Ranges, Dulcie Ranges, Hart's Range, Mt. Dare, Lake Eyre, Dalhousie Springs, Simpson Desert, Gammon Ranges, etc, etc.

NO TIME LIMITS, 12v fridges, dual batteries and big solar set up for self sufficiency, full mobility again in my arms and legs, cashed up, an epirb to attach to Darlyn.....what could go wrong? Bahahahaha.

Talk soon!

Great to hear Steve, Enjoy it mate.

Great to hear you are doing better and are all set, have a great trip, looking forward to the herping pics.

Enjoy it Steve, you deserve it buddy....

You Don't need a stereo ( you do , to listen to music ) Just camp NAKED !!

APS Party when you come to Sydney !! :D

Have a great Adventure

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a great trip, looking forward to reading all about it (and lots of pictures I hope!).

Glad to hear you're feeling well and hope it keeps that way!
:)

Great to hear you're travelling well mate, literally! Wish both you & Darlyn epic travels ahead, have an absolute ball!! :D

We will all be with you and Darlyn and help push you out of the mud when you get bogged :)
All the Best
Cheers
Sandee :)

I've got a friend with Stage 4 Lymphoma who has recently turned a corner for the better also. Hopefully with all the new drugs & treatments this will become a lot more regular. I really hope things keep improving for you Steve, its a good path you're turning toward. I wish you & your family more luck & good wishes. Keep it up ;)

It's been so long since I've properly surfed APS, I had no idea Steve! Great to hear you're smashing it though, really inspirational. Have a ball out there!
Cam

Such a great idea mate. I hope that it gives you both great memories and inspires many others to just not give in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With so many tracks closed in the NT/ SA Centre I am looking at crossing to Menindee Lakes and down to Lake Mungo while things dry out. Anything I should keep an eye out for in that part of the world (herp wise)? Any suggestions appreciated.

With so many tracks closed in the NT/ SA Centre I am looking at crossing to Menindee Lakes and down to Lake Mungo while things dry out. Anything I should keep an eye out for in that part of the world (herp wise)? Any suggestions appreciated.

If you've not been to Mutawingee, just North of BH, it's well worth a look Steve. Not sure there's much around out there this time of year, flipping tin at the "Old Homestead Historic Site" (Kinchega), you'll find a few Gecks, Stumpies, a few smaller elapids and maybe a Sand Monitor or two?...that's despite the weather/ temps. Lace Monitors along the Darling River at Kinchega Nat park, Sandies everywhere else. Western Browns (Aspids, I think?), Mulgas, textillis, Stumpies on the drier country, maybe Central Beardies, Central Netted Dragons, Painted Dragons and Mallee Dragons, if the weather's a bit warmer. Mutawingee, plenty of interesting smaller skink species, Black-headed Monitors (look out for them around an old rock dam in particular), Eastern Bluetongues and Tawney Dragons. Some good art sites at Mutawingee also.

Hope that's useful mate:)!

EDIT: There's a patch of spinifex grass and mallee woodland just south of Ivanhoe (if you get out that way) where I've been lucky enough to find Western Bluetongues:).

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it’s a really enjoyable adventure, without any major dramas. That’s the very least you guys deserve!

With you in spirit,

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back