Not the End update.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SteveNT, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveNT

SteveNT Very Well-Known Member

Thanks IV, that's a fair sort of list to try to knock off! We'll sit at Whistleduck Waterhole in the Davenports for a week(ish) first, then see where we can/ cant go. The Darling River option could be good, then backtrack into north SA. Tin flipping it is then!

Thanks all for your good wishes. We're getting excited now. One more sleep then we're on the road!

WOO HOOOOOO!

2. borntobnude

borntobnude Guest

We stayed at the campsite on Lake Cawndilla a few years ago , It had very few humans and lots of herps and small mammals , we stayed a few extra nights just for the sunsets . not sure how much water is out there but when we were there it was right up to the fence line .

3. jahan

jahan Active Member

Thinking of you Steve. I hope you have been sitting around the camp fire downing a tinny or two.
    Happy Easter to you and Darlyn.

4. borntobnude

borntobnude Guest

5. RedFox

RedFox Very Well-Known Member

:(

That is truly awful. Hopefully the car is recovered quickly and Steve and Lynne can take off on their trip.
    Sending positive thoughts their way.

6. montysrainbow

montysrainbow Very Well-Known Member

Oh my bloody god!!!! I really hope they catch the scum who did this. Last thing u guys need right now. Hopefully u will be on the road again asap :)

7. rockethead

rockethead Active Member

what bad news I hope everything is recovered

8. Radar

Radar Very Well-Known Member

Worst news I've heard in a long time. Sorry mate.

9. pinefamily

pinefamily Subscriber Subscriber

10. Chris1

Chris1 cupcake Subscriber

wow, theres some real pieces of excrement out there,...

would it have been that hard leaving it on the side of the road for the police to find without torching it?

11. pinefamily

pinefamily Subscriber Subscriber

Just hope they had their camera(s) out of the 4WD. Hard enough to lose vehicle and equipment, much worse to lose precious memories.

12. Renenet

Renenet Very Well-Known Member

The scumbags probably wanted to destroy any forensic evidence. Grrrrr! I seriously hope someone dobs them in.

It is heartening to see people pitching in to help out, although it's a shame it's necessary.

Steve and Lynne, I hope you guys can get going without too much of a delay. All the best!

13. borntobnude

borntobnude Guest

Several forums on f/b are setting accounts up for steve -- to buy fuel and food etc is this something we ( ) would like to do ?? here

14. rockethead

rockethead Active Member

i do not think it would hurt some of us if we gave a small donation to help steve and his wife to keep going on with there bucket list.
    that would help them a lot with what there going through not sure how members could do this.
    not sure if i read the link but is 4wd action mag helping with a rental 4wd

15. SteveNT

SteveNT Very Well-Known Member

G'day all.

This has been a wild ride. From the devastation of losing the car and all our posessions to the massively uplifting response from people all over the country. By a stroke of luck my laptops weren't in the car and I still have all my photos safe and sound. Apart from the laptops we have some clothes but that's about it. 4WD Action magazine has bought us another 80 series and they are kitting it out with gear from 4WD mobs and private donations. We fly up to Sydney next week to collect it. HOW GOOD IS THAT?

The car insurance guys (TIO) threw us to the head of the list and have already settled up (doesn't cover what we spent but very reasonable under the circumstances.) The contents, including all our camera/ fishing/ camping gear is covered by another mob so we will see how that pans out. There was so much publicity that the thief obviously decided to destroy the evidence. What a shame to see that beautiful car burnt out. Anyway this how I will always remember her.
    DSC_0237_edited-1.jpg

Thanks for your support guys, we will be back on the road soon and the blog is also very close to launch. Remember the silver lining, it's always there.
    Steve

16. Senator358

Senator358 Well-Known Member

4wd action has actually bought him an 80 series and is decking it out completely with help from their sponsors. Great bunch of blokes over there and the whole fourby community in general.

17. rockethead

rockethead Active Member

that's great to hear that 4wd action and their sponsors are helping out in a big way.
    good to see that you a keeping positive steve about everything.

18. cma_369

cma_369 Well-Known Member

Bugger seen this story doing the rounds on fb, from a few friends and thought I knew of this 80 and owner from somewhere.....
    Glad to see the 4wd community pulling together to help you out mate.
    Best of luck with the new 80

19. slide

slide Well-Known Member

Bloody mongrels!
    Im stoked for you that it hasnt put too much of a dampener on your expedition and for the most part it has worked out.
    Looking forward to some pics

20. moosenoose

moosenoose Legendary

Really makes you wonder what sort of a society we all live in. Hopefully it gets recovered quickly, and undamaged. Fingers crossed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.