Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcVanEijnsbergen

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I noticed some low rates in the picture contest on my pictures of a baby GTP. I also just saw a comment on Pythons GTP eating. Would you rather not have chondros on the forum unless they are Queensland "Iron Range" chondros? I would very much respect that since after all the name of this community is "Aussie Pythons". :) I will respect that if you would like me to stop posting GTP pics. I just want to make usre I'm not offending or irritating anyone :)

Great contest though guys! :D I must get some aussie pythons in the future :D I might get some bredli's in the future but they are still 2200 Euros a pair here. I have the feeling that price will drop but their beautiy will stay the same ;) I;d love to have some diamonds but they wouldn't do well in my chondroroom :?

Hi Mark

there are some 'dorks' (don't know the Dutch for that) who have been putting low marks in the contest - I guess it's a way of reducing competitors average scores and is pathetic. I suggest that when it comes to marking the pictures, maybe all scores below say 4 are discounted. I don't think any photos in the comp would deserve a score below 5. Having just talked to my statistical other half - standard deviation rules probably should be applied.

With regards to Chondros, if they are aussie varieties then they should be in the Australian category otherwise maybe in the exotics.

rgds.Graham :roll:

marc - i hope you don't stop posting those pics, they're great!! even if it IS cruel to taunt us like that heh :) ignore the idiots who mark it low.. obviously dont know what they're on about!

Good luck with the gravid female as well.. should be laying in a bit over a month? should be great!

Marc - I'll get you to send me some of the babies in a post pack and then they'll be australian pythons and you'll be able to enter them in the next competition! :twisted:

Yeah probably just sour grapes.
I have to remind myself that we have lots of beautiful snakes down here that you cant get every time I see those pics of your gtp's.They are beautiful snakes and the photo's are very well done too.

Hi Marc
It is true that some of the pictures don't deserve to get low marks. Some of them i think should be marked low. If you get one or 2 low marks because of some idiots, you should not worry. specially if you enroll in comp early and your picture is getting about 20 votes. , finals will be run efficiently. Every member can vote only once and for one picture only.

Gotcha!

Thanks guys! :D
I just wanted to make sure I didn't offend anyone on the forum. Besides, I don't mind getting low marks, but the pics weren't THAT bad :lol:

Greta idea to have a contest in those categories and maybe I should have put them in the exotic gallery, oh well, next time? ;) If not, Magpie, you've got mail! :shock: :lol:

Cheers!!

Marc

http://python.bogusz.org

Hey Marc

can you tell about that huge diamond python in the Gallery. I know of one that was caught on the Central Coast of NSW that was 12 feet long and as big a my mates arm (he's a blacksmith with fair old biceps) it took three people to hold it and it was relocated to Yarramalong for its own saftey.

The one in your picture looks very similar and I'd be interested to know any details like age if known and some statistics. I assume yours was of European origin. Either way it's a beutiful snake and has obviously been well fed/ 8) cared for.

Really??

I have a Diamond?? :D :shock: I only have an album that has my old username on it: Chondrohead13

But I'll see if I can find a Diamondpython to live up to your post...I wish LOL

And alexhander, guess it's just part of it eh? ;) You see who are here for teh fun and who are here for other reasons ;)

Well gotto run! Have a test to ace! :? :lol:

Marc

http://python.bogusz.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back