Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stefan_nova969

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am tracking down someone who has a small(ish) python that they can bring into our radio studios and get to bite one of our radio hosts, Merrick Watts.

this would be part of a challenge series that Bear Grylls set for Merrick today (video and stuff at nova969.com.au)

We would love someone in sydney to bring in their snake one day next week. We will have paramedics on stand by, so wont have any problems in that area. We will also be happy to reimburse any out of pocket expenses.

if this is something you, or someone you know, could help us with, please email me at [email protected]

thanks so much
cheers
Stefan Mitchell
Executive Producer - The Merrick, Dools and Monty Show - Nova 969

It's not a good idea getting a snake to bite anyone as it can damage the snakes teeth. I couldn't care less if it hurts the person. I would not recommend anyone using there snake.

We definitely dont want to harm or hurt anyones pets at all! But if anyone has a tip on how we could possibly do this without causing harm, id be very grateful
s

The poor snake... that'd just stress it out.

In fact that'd be stressing it out on purpose!

Paramedics? For a small python bite? Really?
Apart from that, as has been stated, no one with any respect for the hobby would be up for this as it causes stress and possible damage - would you be asking a dog owner to volunteer their pet to bite someone?
Oh, and Bear Grylls, nuff said.

Be kinda irresponsible for any owner to put their snake in this position, so not sure if too many would be eager to help. Not to mention, illegal for them to be off the designated property unless going to a vet or such, unless you find someone with a demonstrators licence. But even then i don't think the authorities would be too happy about protected wildlife being put in that position.

I see your point, but snakes bite people all the time. They leave teeth behind almost everytime when i am bitten, they have hundreds of teeth, they grow back. It couldn't bother the snake any less, if it hurt them, why do the babie jungles i have keep biting me? Haha. They bite all the time mate, and excuse me if im wrong, but aren't they're teeth designed to fall out when they bite, or atleast, be painless when it does happen? A rat is just as tough to bite as a humans arm, im sure it doesn't hurt them to much.

i hope you guys at nova find someone!

It's not a good idea getting a snake to bite anyone as it can damage the snakes teeth. I couldn't care less if it hurts the person. I would not recommend anyone using there snake.

Ok so, so far you have no support. Seriously you would be facing animal cruelty charges and the public wouldn't like it. Is it really worth that?

Ok so, so far you have no support. Seriously you would be facing animal cruelty charges and the public wouldn't like it. Is it really worth that?

Sadly, this type of stunt just reinforces the 'general public's' view of reptiles, something else I don't really think the hobby needs.

Maybe instead you could get your announcer, um, sorry, I can't seem to think of anything I'd like to see done to someone who would think something like this is fun, that wouldn't get me infracted...

animal cruelty? I hardly think so otherwise i am pretty much anyone who keeps snakes would be up for animal cruelty charges. I highly doubt it would harm the animal at all and i dont see it as being any more stressful then a regular outing with a demonstrator but i agree it wouldnt be the most responsible thing to do and would not be helping the publics view of our hobby

theres a difference when you're purposefully annoying a snake to get it to bite.

nova 969 fail.
Merrick-Watts-6451003.jpg

Its not a good idea to deliberately get a snake to bite someone. But if someone does choose to lend there snake make sure its a nice big scrubby

I see your point, but snakes bite people all the time. They leave teeth behind almost everytime when i am bitten, they have hundreds of teeth, they grow back. It couldn't bother the snake any less, if it hurt them, why do the babie jungles i have keep biting me? Haha. They bite all the time mate, and excuse me if im wrong, but aren't they're teeth designed to fall out when they bite, or atleast, be painless when it does happen? A rat is just as tough to bite as a humans arm, im sure it doesn't hurt them to much.

i hope you guys at nova find someone!

How many of us that are used to getting tagged still pull back out of instinct mate? Now imagine somebody that has been never been tagged before and telling them this snake is going to bite you? What do you think their reaction would be? You want to try and yank your arm back really fast when your baby jungle tags you to find out what happens to it's jaws?

NOVA
really silly stunt and I don't think you'll get much help from here....

Oooh I can just imagine the plug APS is going to get on the show tomorrow morning lol

Oooh I can just imagine the plug APS is going to get on the show tomorrow morning lol

Thats fine they can say what they want about APS I would much rather people look out for the welfare of the snake, then some crap rambling by a radio station.

I always yank my arm back, but never purposely, they bite me whilst i am changing paper or refilling water bowls. I never see it coming, so it makes me jump a bit to. i never said I purposely make them bite me, all my statement means is that sbake owners always get bitren, especially from babies, because of defence/stress, and jungles seem to be the worst for bitting. Everybody yanks there arm back, but i never try and make them bit me.

I just dont see how it would damage teeth, as they always become lodged in my arm, where as jaws are another thing, though jaws wouldnt be harmed badly if it was a defence bite like the jungles, as its a strike, bite and quick release. a bite for a prey item is where they hold on, and the yank would really do damage.

How many of us that are used to getting tagged still pull back out of instinct mate? Now imagine somebody that has been never been tagged before and telling them this snake is going to bite you? What do you think their reaction would be? You want to try and yank your arm back really fast when your baby jungle tags you to find out what happens to it's jaws?

NOVA
really silly stunt and I don't think you'll get much help from here....

I always yank my arm back, but never purposely, they bite me whilst i am changing paper or refilling water bowls. I never see it coming, so it makes me jump a bit to. i never said I purposely make them bite me, all my statement means is that sbake owners always get bitren, especially from babies, because of defence/stress, and jungles seem to be the worst for bitting. Everybody yanks there arm back, but i never try and make them bit me.

I just dont see how it would damage teeth, as they always become lodged in my arm, where as jaws are another thing, though jaws wouldnt be harmed badly if it was a defence bite like the jungles, as its a strike, bite and quick release. a bite for a prey item is where they hold on, and the yank would really do damage.

Mate you also told them to scent the arm with a rat... that would not be a defensive bite....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back