Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well i am pretty sure they are always looking for new nominees for a darwin award....
and yes that is very true...but unfortunately there are people out there that will try it and will make the news...

I'd kinda like to see someone give him a big angry scrubby to play with. I've seen some nice pics of "little" tags on here

From what Ive seen of this tool Bear Grills he is more likely to grab ya snake a chew it's head off.....I hope he doesn't try this on our wildlife like other countries in his dumbass shows,...n if he does I hope he is severely fined,...Not sure about the name Bear Grills how about Bearly Human. How about you go and get a Funnel Web instead to do the task?

This is on radio right? So here comes a snake, bites Merrick, Merrick screams and yells. That's all the listeners will hear.
Would some one in Sydney volunteer to go in, punch Merrick in the face, collect the pocket money and walk away? THE SAME SOUND EFFECT! Give one to Stefan for a good measure for the stupid idea.

This is on radio right? So here comes a snake, bites Merrick, Merrick screams and yells. That's all the listeners will hear.
Would some one in Sydney volunteer to go in, punch Merrick in the face, collect the pocket money and walk away? THE SAME SOUND EFFECT! Give one to Stefan for a good measure for the stupid idea.

Yup.

Last edited:
I'll volunteer for that!

im glad there is someone else who is just as confused about the whole idea...

But it has been pointed out that they do now film the shows for the net, so sadly, as much as I like the idea, just punching the announcer in the head won't be the same as tormenting a snake - for the viewers that is...

Anyone else slightly disturbed - not just by the stupidity of this - but that it's to be done on a DARE by a moron who eats poo?

Last edited:
But it has been pointed out that they do now film the shows for the net, so sadly, as much as I like the idea, just punching the announcer in the head won't be the same as tormenting a snake - for the viewers that is...

Oh, I missed that. In that case, a small-eyed snake would be a good choice, it's small and aggressive, wouldn't need much stirring up. Most viewers wouldn't recognise the species, neither would Merrick, which would add to the drama and suspense.

I'll go against the flow and say its not such a silly idea if done properly. You could make it educational and promote the hobby.
Some of my young Bredli were agro little tykes (from TrueBlue, one of their siblings was at SCARC on Sunday) and would strike if you dared breathe in the room. But they couldn't puncture the skin. Almost all bites were completely painless and not worth writing home about, eg:
Dear Mum,
I was bitten by a snake today but it was completely painless and not worth writing about.

If I took in the snake I would show him the animal, ORDER him to look away ( or blindfold him), then flick him with my finger at the designated area. After the compulsory wailing and gnashing of teeth settled down I would tell him what happened, to man up and stop sooking. Then I would repeat the process again complete with the "stop the sook act" command. On the third iteration I would say in a sotto voice 'One more before the real thing' but present the snake. It is very unlikely that he would even react. Then check an educational twist saying how much a small python bite ( doesn't ) hurt, how they normally settle down and what great pets they make.
Perhaps I'ld finish off the presentation with him handling on of the large tame animals.

Unfortunately Fuscus I don't think that would make good radio to anyone other than us herp geeks

what a stupid idea, no one should be encouraging their snake to bite someone. It shows so little respect and I hope they take the persons licence off them if they go through with this stupid stunt, its not funny

Like the others said a nice feeding bite off a big scrubby, olive or black head than maybe you wouldn't see getting bitten as such a joke.

Last edited:
What I don't get is everyones facination with Bear Grylls. He makes a living filming himself drinking his own urine and eating his own faeces.

Ok maybe he eats other things. Off camera.

lol i would lend them my big angry olive and coastal if they really want a bite :p why not do it properly if ur going to do it at all :p

i would like to see/hear what would happen if someone took in a really placid snake that just refuses to bite! might look bad for the show stunt and give snakes a better name in society!

if bear grylls is gonna be there maybe someone should bring a big **** scrubby in to bite him, personally id find that much funnier than watching some little python bite merrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back