NSW Code of Practice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cagey

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would there be any reason for having this in the Code of Practice?????? I especially find the last sentence strange.

4.3.1.5 An enclosure housing two snakes must be at least 50% larger than the minimum enclosure size (see 5.3.1.2, 5.3.1.3 and Table 2). The enclosure size must be increased by at least 20% for each additional snake above two (e.g. an enclosure housing three snakes must be at least 70% larger than the minimum enclosure size). If different species are housed together, the calculation must be based on the minimum enclosure size for the largest species.

Don't worry about it - they haven't got the time or the staff to run around with a tape measure... it's all a bureaucratic nonsense really. If they're concerned about animal welfare, they'd have a more fruitful time checking on keepers who breed and kill their own rats. Probably some of the most inhumane people I've ever met belong to this group. They look after their snakes, but do dreadful things to rodents...

Jamie

I wasn't worried per se, more surprised they would even suggest that different species of snake would be kept in the same enclosure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back