NSW import/export $ increase

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozza

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, I couldn't see anything...
Has anyone noticed that NSW import/exports have gone up to $30? :shock:
I just looked at my credit card statement and thought "that's wrong..." but checked the DECCW website and it now says $30!

*shakes head* thats 50% and they cant even get their **** together to get it to you on time

Mmmm takes two weeks to get one and costs $30. I might stop importing & exporting.

I just got a permit back from DECC & it only took 4 weeks! & 2 weeks ago I applied for another permit (still in June) & they received it but did not processed it till yesterday & they charged me $30!

I just got a permit back from DECC & it only took 4 weeks! & 2 weeks ago I applied for another permit (still in June) & they received it but did not processed it till yesterday & they charged me $30!

how can they do that? if the application was dated and sent before the 1st of July when the increase was to take effect.. isn't it illegal for them to charge the increase?

Maybe the 50% rise is to pay for their new filing system to hold the back-log of import/export applications LOL.....solar 17 [Baden]

thats just rediculous! i'd consider moving to NSW if it weren't for the licencing system.

Licensing system is fine....just the charges.
They charge the most with the least service...that is what gets up my craw....

I got an import permit late last year in about a week.
Are these long delays a new thing or was I just lucky?

$30???

I applied for an export licence 2 weeks today ,still has not been processed,checked my credit card this morning, I guess they will charge me $30 even though it`s been 2 weeks?

That's nuts.. movement advices are free in Queensland off the internet..

I always get mine in less than a week ...
Yeah, which makes me wonder why others are finding it takes so long (2 weeks or much longer). Mind you, I've only done it once, so I can't comment on consistency.

Is it the way applications are submitted, I wonder? I scanned mine as a .pdf file, & emailed it.
Five working days later I chased it up. They returned email saying it had been approved, & told me the import number so I could tell the supplier for their export/movement advice details, & a couple of days later I received the permit.

I do the same with my licence renewal & get that fairly quickly too, compared to what others have said.

ive done about 7-8 imports over the last 2 years & have alway got it back within 2 weeks, i usually ring them about a week after ive posted it & they quote it to me over the phone, but since everyone now has to send there books back each year, it seems to have slowed the whole process down... i sent a import off on monday, see how long it takes..ill let you know..

how can they do that? if the application was dated and sent before the 1st of July when the increase was to take effect.. isn't it illegal for them to charge the increase?

I dont see how they can either but they did - the same happened to me Mr Boyd. I sent my export in 2 weeks today (in June) and they processed it yesterday with a $30 fee. I had no knowledge of the increase until an extra $10 came off my credit card.

I contacted them today about my export licence, they said they have received it but couldn`t tell me when ?(she could see it in the system but couldn`t see who or when it was put on the system ?) If it was received before the 1st July I would only be charged $20 otherwise I would have to pay The new fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back