Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

indicus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Heres a couple photos...'Simoselaps semifasciatus', the first i've seen, after several years out-an-about, and of course, it had just been hit....very beautiful, small burrowing species of elapid, wide spread, quite varible, supposedly;.. however not commonly seen... regarded as harmless.. such a shame,....would have been great to photograph a live specimen...
Here's an oddity, the largest i've ever seen, on the Tablelands, dead or alive...42cm, Stimson's?...this dead specimen: midbody scale rows-38..ventrals-242...subcaudals-45, seems a very small python overall, regardless, of what it's deemed....road kill, damn up-setting!!!... :(

Unreal to seee something so different for a change.Never seen one of those in the first pic and that sure is one odd looking stimsoni alright,i like the banded patterning....

Odd... road kill!!!

Its a shame indicus,the stimsons looks like the mt surprise,georgetown type,is it from near there! :D

RE: Odd... road kill!!!

Poor things. The stimmie is quite different isn't it.

RE: Odd... road kill!!!

Doesn't look like a true stimmie to me.....it's different alright,is there anything in Coggers or something with an animal like that?

So many reptiles get killed on our roads it's saddening :(

Looks like my fem stim from georgetown browns there smaller than a mac or most other stims you see even if you take into account sexual dimorphism.The fems breed at small size 26 inches overall and have small clutches of very elongated eggs.

Do you think yours is a true stimsons or could it possibly be some different sub species again?

Your not thinking of that famed word Browns.......inte whatsit...

Odd...road kill!!!!

Can show you a pic of mine tomorrow browns,they are a type of stimsons and not at all like macs in size and the behaviour they display is very distinctive.The colour is fairly dark compared to stims from some other areas.Think indicus knows more about this type browns,in my personal oppinion they are very distinct from childreni near normanton or pops of macs within and near where they live.This is the oppinion of a complete and utter nutter, YEH BABY YEH!! :p

No its not from Georgetown mate, but its possible the two are similar, how old and how big is your female Oldfella?,as i've seen a fare few of these over the years, but 42cm being the largest; small as?, Differ to others futher west, in size and the general colour as far as i can see...

they are very distinct from childreni
that's why i think they might be some sort of sub species....these are very different,i'd love to see that pic of yours for comparison.

I have seen stimsoni like these before - a mate's had offspring very similar a few years back,
The banding is awesome!! I want some.
Pity to find it as roadkill Indicus, did you get the frog as well this time? lol

The fem george stim is 89cm and ive had it about 4 years feeding it mice trying to get some size but its slowed right off.If i compare it to a mates mostly NT females his are much bigger and lay more eggs.His layed 12 eggs last year and mine 6 the year before.The stims towards the gulf,like karumba males ive seen are humongus,as they seem to be sex dimorphic fems are probably similar size to NT variety.In years time with more research there is likely to be several subspecies or species of stims,who knows??

You'll never let me live down that frog or two, will ya Ad :) ...I agree Oldfella, probably several sub-species, differ alot across the north..... :shock:

Indicus and AD now we want to hear the frog story!!! this is chit chat indicus,its driving me nuts!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back