Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been looking to buy a Oenpelli python but haven't had much luck finding someone willing to sell.
What are the going rates for one of these stunning animals?
Has anyone had any experience with them?
I hear they are challenging but very rewarding if cared for in the correct way.
Show us some pics if you are lucky enough to have one (or more)
cheers kenny

Hi guys, I have been looking to buy a Oenpelli python but haven't had much luck finding someone willing to sell.
cheers kenny

You would be hard pressed even finding someone who has them let alone willing to sell as there would be none being kept in this country (at least legally).

you can get anything with the right colour money.
I have had the opportunity to see one in the flesh and since then I want one.
It wasn't all that long ago it was impossible to get a rough scaled python, now they are available for $300 and up

It's a while before they'll be available, and they won't be cheap, $15, 000+.
Roughies may be cheap now, but It'll be long time before Oenpelli's are that cheap. People with the money need to get the pairs, if their found, then they'll need 3+ years to breed them. And even then, no one knows exactly how to breed them as of yet.

i'm honestly questioning your intentions now with this statement, sorry but it had to be said

Awesome summation, Matthew. I could use that pic 150 times a day.

I don't expect to get one too cheap, but I believe there are a few around that have been breed over the past few years maybe I was mislead by the owner of the one I saw, as he told me there are a few trickling into the market.
I just assumed it was above board after seeing his massive collection of Aussie pythons whilst picking up one I bought off him legally

It wasn't all that long ago it was impossible to get a rough scaled python, now they are available for $300 and up

With the right kind of money why not go with or donate to the people searching... it would bring you to owning an oenpelli a lot closer than it is now. Even with the right kinda money now to flash and find one. They would still be illegal in captivity.

I don't expect to get one too cheap, but I believe there are a few around that have been breed over the past few years maybe I was mislead by the owner of the one I saw, as he told me there are a few trickling into the market.
I just assumed it was above board after seeing his massive collection of Aussie pythons whilst picking up one I bought off him legally

This guy got a name?

It was probably the lettuce eater, with a disguised spotted.

You can pre order a pair of hatchlings for $15k through Gavin Bedford I read on the net, anyone else read this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back