Old but new...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nightowl

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I used to be a member in another aussie herp forum some years ago but I have been out of the scene for some time because of personal probs but I have recently rekindled my reptile passion! :)

My first python was a Port Macqarie Intergrade from Greg Hollis about 6 years ago and although food is hard to come by around here she is still going strong. I have also owned a few Macs and a pair of Water Pythons. I also had the pleasure of meeting Phil Grono and going to a few shows around Cowra and Young when he was here. Also meeting that beautiful Death Adder he was taking around!!

So a big hello to Greg Hollis and Phil Grono if both of you are in this forum and also to everyone else!! :)

Cheers
Shane

G'Day Shane :D Nice to meet you.

You aren't far away from me. You might see me at next month's herp meeting if can bl**dy well find it.
Kathy :)

hi nightowl

i allso was from cowra a couple of years ago until i got up and moved out of the little town

so welcome to the site

Hey Shane,

Did you ever go to Orana herp meetings?

I used to live in Mudgee until last year, how big is the port mac you got off Greg now?

Mysnakeau said:
G'Day Shane :D Nice to meet you.

You aren't far away from me. You might see me at next month's herp meeting if can bl**dy well find it.
Kathy :)

Nice to meet you to. Is that for the Orana Herp Society? I would love to have a contact for the group so I could join again. Has anyone got a contact??

dugadugabowbow said:
Hey Shane,

Did you ever go to Orana herp meetings?

I used to live in Mudgee until last year, how big is the port mac you got off Greg now?

lol... I just posted my last post at the same time you posted that one.

Yes I only went to one meet at Dubbo Zoo in 2000 I think. The club was sponsoring the Galapogas tortoise and we were checking out the new building for them.

The port mac is about 5ft long now. She went a while without much feed at one stage and I think it delayed her growth a bit. Mice were real hard to get around here and money was tight so unfortunately she was on a strict diet :( Speaking of that, can anyone recommend a good supplier of frozen mice????

:D

Oh no :oops: I thought you mighta been close to the North Coast Herp Group. Sorry, never heard of Orana

Yeah i know what you mean about frozen rodents out there, not easy.

I was vice president of Orana for a couple of years, but it never really got big enough for people to bother coming from surrounding areas.
I didn't go to the Dubbo meeting but last meeting i went to a couple of years ago they were still sponsering that bloody tortise lol.

hi nightowl,
welcome, i also have a port mac from greg, i bought mine from a friend that got her from him so i haven't meant greg, but mine is a great snake, she is about 5 years old now and appox 7 foot, she bred last year and i hope to one day get a 100% certain male from gregs line, if you want we could exchange pics,

cheers,
steve............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back