old dog learning new tricks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all my name is Laurie i have loved Snakes most of my life iam 46yrs old and now just starting to learn about them and will pick every ones brains for info iam Married with to kids my son Aaron turned 18 yesterday and my girl is 15 and she loves Snakes as well , i live in Lithgow NSW which is in the Blue Mountains and iam also into Haqrleys cool
Regards Laurie

Hi Laurie!!

Your not alone!! I am 37 and just got my first snake, it's great!

Welcome to the site, it's a great place to hang out and learn!

I am in SA, how is your husband handling it? Mine was against it at first but he is coming around hehehehe..

Hi Grim!!

Welcome to the site!!

It's an addiction be careful!!

You'll find out almost all you need to know from here!! ENJOY!!

Hi Laurie!!! I'm 31 and have my first snake too! I love her heaps and she is so beautiful, but I have heard mum's can be bias!! :lol: I'm already setting up a second tank for another addition. I'm just trying to decide what to get, probably a diamond, but I love black headed pythons too, a bit out of my price range though! I have loved snakes for years and have been contemplating one for ages and finally did so, now I have my husband and kids hooked!!
P.S. Love this site, I'm addicted!!!!

Thor1 said:
hi laurie welcome to the site.
and mertle we dont even know if laurie is female or male do we?
though laurie does write on the girly side of writing.
mmmm must be my girl doing the typing i am Male so now i will get my son to type my messages lol
Thanks for the welcome cool.

...what do you mean "girly side of writing"???

Sory for that Grimm!! My bad...

I shouldn't jump to conclusions!

How is your wife handling things?? hehehehe

Hey Laurie and welcome its great to learn new things no matter how old you are. :)
I dont mind you picking my brain I dont know if you will get much out but ill help you out as best I can.
Welcome to your kids too :D

Cheers Kylie :wink:

Iam not keeping any thing yet got a bit to know befor a reptile would trust me to look after it and its friends, i will keep an eye out for a little while , any suggestions would be fine thanks again cool
Regards Laurie

Mertyl my wife is handling things just the way she likes it :wink: also thanks Kylie

Laurie. I live near you. If i can help in any way PM me. Looks like my last Maculous hatchie has just been sold , it would have been an ideal start for you. Get a license (if you haven't) and that John Weigel book. It will be a big help to you. Dave

Thanks Dave maybe i can have a look at the setup that you have???
Regards Laurie

Hi Laurie and welcome, people here are very helpful here and you should no trouble getting opinions and information.

Quoting Grim - "Iam not keeping any thing yet got a bit to know befor a reptile would trust me to look after it and its friends, i will keep an eye out for a little while , any suggestions would be fine thanks again cool
Regards Laurie"

That is music to many peoples ears on here mate, Welcome to the site.

G'Day Laurie
I am new to it all, too. Am doing some homework before I buy anything but it seems the Stimsons Python is going to win my thumbs up. Sounds like a placid and easy-care snake to keep. Now I just gotta get a license, find out what I need for one (in way of tank size, lights, fit-outs etc), & all the pros and cons, start saving & find a reputable breeder :D
Kathy :)

Ahh lithole.....err Lithgow :D I used to live there. Met the wife there actually, her folks live in Hartley. Nice spot. Welcome to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back