Old shed stuck on eye

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

radioinvader

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, my spotted python recently shed, I fed him and then left him for a couple days before doing a spot clean, changing his water, etc. I took him out to have a look and discovered there's still a bit of shedding on his eye. It looks like a bit of white around the edge of one side, and then a sheer, almost see through bit covering about a quarter of the other side. A bit of the middle was clear of shedding. His behaviour was normal and he didn't seem irritated. I tried to test if he was blind with my finger but he was too busy exploring after being in his terrarium for so long.

Is this something I should be worried about, or will he get it off on his own? Like I said, it has been a couple days already and he is acting normal.

If it is indeed stuck shed you could try putting it in a damp pillow case for about an hour, that usually does the job if any of mine have any retained shed. :) ..................Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back