Olive Breeders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herpo

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I've decided to take the plunge and get an olive. I just can't seem to find a breeder. So he what breeders do you all know of who carry olives in NSW? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Herpo

I didn't know I could post in that forum...

- - - Updated - - -

I will post one when I know when we are moving. For now I'll try and track down any other breeders.

Herpo, If you are after a Olive Python, the best place to look for a breeder is on Facebook, there is 2 groups on there one is public and the other is private, they are ( Olive Python Lovers ) & ( Australian Olive Python Breeders & Keepers ).

There is a couple of good breeders on there who still have some hatchlings for sale, Facebook is the place a lot of keepers and breeders advertise what Reptiles and Reptile Products they have for sale these day, the only other place to look is on Reptiles Down under website.

Hope you get yourself a Olive Python they sure are awesome to keep, but remember they get very big on average 10 to 12 foot long, and need a good size enclosure once they reach adult size.

I'll take a look, thanks Dragon! I've checked RDU, but non available as of now.

I'm doing tons of research, and have handled a few 2 meter ones at local shows, and something that big doesn't intimidate me. I'd still be careful, especially when feeding, and I will make sure to get the appropriate housing.

You going to the reptile expo in Sydney tomorrow? I guarantee there will be at least one table of olives (no nsw breeders came to vhs because of the expo thats on tommrow).

I wish I was! I couldn't get one now anyway, I have to wait until we actually move out or are close enough to moving out it can live in a click clack for a few days.

Whyyyy!

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=4097]dragon[/MENTION]77, I tried going to the Facebook pages but couldn't find them. Can you post links?

Cheers,
Herpo

Herpo, Sorry that you could not find the 2 Olive Python groups on facebook, what l just did was went to the search bar and typed in Olive Python, and anything with that name appeared in a list and on the top l saw (Australian Olive Python Breeders & Keepers. Public group - 400 members ) then underneath that l saw (Olive Python Lovers Australia. Closed Group - 628 members ).

So all you need to do is go to the search bar and type in Olive Python just like l did to see these 2 groups, you first have to be excepted as a member, before you can post or reply to any other member in these or any other reptile group on facebook.

Like l said lastnight more long-time keepers of Reptile keeping & breeding, are now link up with others who they know on facebook, not many of them seem to come onto any reptile forums like APS, like they use to cause they can buy-sell-swap and chat with who ever they want to on facebook, and it is free to do on there.

Hope you manage to find them this time best of luck Herpo.

From Dragon77....( Les).

Last edited:
hi Herpo , we are having difficulties with the web site and cant update at the moment , you can contact myself or Lisa through facebook Darrin gale or lisatep or send me a private message here
Hey Daz, could you please post a link. When I go to your "What's Available" page all it says is 2012 season sold out.

Cheers,
Herpo

[MENTION=41642]Herpo[/MENTION], you could not go wrong with Darren and Lisa, they have a great reputation, i will be seeing them at the Port Macquarie expo in 11 more days so i will have a bit of a chat with them and if they bring any Olives up with them i will take some pics for you. :) ..................Ron

That's be great, thanks Ron! I know they have gorgeous animals, I almost got a jungle jag off them at the Castle Hill Expo!

HOOOOLLLLLLLLEEEEYYYYYYY F**! I am purchasing a Albino Olive python. I have always wanted a Olive and when i saw that Albinos were up for sale! Well say no more!! Can not wait to get my hands on her yay

I am in the process of trying to find one here in SA, went to the Expo on the weekend and have checked out every shop I know of or can find on the net and no luck locally. I saw that possible het for sale on here but with interstate transfer it puts it out of reach at the moment. Good luck with your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back