Olive or Water Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they won't let other snakes or people near their food. without proper management, a food-aggressive snake can escalate past growling and using it's body to block access to the food, and may eventually bite or attack someone or something approaching it while eating. for this reason, it is suggested that when your snake is a hatchling, you take its food away from it as often as possible, to discourage the idea that it can boss you around with physically intimidating behaviour...

I have kept Olive's since 1990. I am well aware of a food response vs a defensive response. "Food aggression enough to take on a Crocodile" what a load of bull s. Olives have evolved to eat large prey items including pythons, crocodilians, mammals, goannas etc. Its not aggression its part of their diet.

As for taking a meals away...that works on the premise that snakes have a learned memory capability that you can exploit...I will disagree with you on that. Frankly I am not "bossed" around by any of my snakes as I am capable of handling them regardless of their mood.....I would hope every other keeper would be the same....if you are not able to keep it properly- and that includes being able to handle it then the snake is not for you.

Cheers,
Scott

I have kept Olive's since 1990. I am well aware of a food response vs a defensive response. "Food aggression enough to take on a Crocodile" what a load of bull s. Olives have evolved to eat large prey items including pythons, crocodilians, mammals, goannas etc. Its not aggression its part of their diet.

As for taking a meals away...that works on the premise that snakes have a learned memory capability that you can exploit...I will disagree with you on that. Frankly I am not "bossed" around by any of my snakes as I am capable of handling them regardless of their mood.....I would hope every other keeper would be the same....if you are not able to keep it properly- and that includes being able to handle it then the snake is not for you.

Cheers,
Scott

I thought that the poster was being sarcastic and comparing it to a dog but may be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers,
Scott

:shock:

Definitely missed the sarcasm in there!!! :lol:
That post was most decidedly tongue in cheek, though I must say it's a little sad (of the state of the hobby and of people in general, not you Eipper) that something so outrageous can be taken as serious!

Sorry disintegratus as Mark stated I missed the sarcasm..... Nothing said no matter how ludicrous it seems out of place on aps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back