Olive Python Episode by K Brothers.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely olives guys. Great videos as always. Love seeing your methods, keep it up.

Great video and a good insight into how you guys do it with what works for you.

Rick

Great stuff mate.... You guys are a credit to the hobby....

I really enjoyed that and subscribed - soooo much better than the slimy, money-grubbing and scripted "reality TV" vibe of SnakeBytesTV. You guys came off as genuinely passionate about the snakes and I love that! My only request is that you shoot a bit closer to the snake if possible :)

This makes me all the more impatient and excited for the olive hatchie I'm picking up Sunday! :D

Great show Troy, really enjoy them.
Tigerlily not sure what you mean about comment " money-grubbing and scripted"
Last time I checked YouTube was free to watch, I'm sure Troy can attest that there is no money in it either.

Last edited:
Tiger lily, snakebytes is great. If you don't like it, don't watch it, plain and simple. Ahh the internet, where people mouth off behind the anonymity of the keyboard

[MENTION=1527]Peter-Birch[/MENTION], I wasn't referring to them making money off youtube. Just their general attitude towards their snakes - boasting about how expensive they are, name-dropping celebrities, generally treating them like cash cows. Which is why it was so refreshing to watch this video: the guy's passion for the python seems so genuine.

Tiger lily, snakebytes is great. If you don't like it, don't watch it, plain and simple. Ahh the internet, where people mouth off behind the anonymity of the keyboard

Actually, I don't watch it. A few episodes were enough to put me off. And excuse me for "mouthing off", I wasn't aware that expressing my opinion is taboo. And the "anonymity of the keyboard"? Lol would you prefer to give me your personal details so we can meet up and debate in person?

Oh, and if you don't like my post, don't respond :)

@Peter-Birch, I wasn't referring to them making money off youtube. Just their general attitude towards their snakes - boasting about how expensive they are, name-dropping celebrities, generally treating them like cash cows. Which is why it was so refreshing to watch this video: the guy's passion for the python seems so genuine.

Actually, I don't watch it. A few episodes were enough to put me off. And excuse me for "mouthing off", I wasn't aware that expressing my opinion is taboo. And the "anonymity of the keyboard"? Lol would you prefer to give me your personal details so we can meet up and debate in person?

Oh, and if you don't like my post, don't respond :)

Didn't you know it is not allowed to express your opinion? :rolleyes:

Getting better and better with each video. So many gorgeous Olives.

@Tigerlilly I can see what you are getting at with some YouTube groups treating their reptiles as objects rather than animals. I don't think Snakebytes is too bad in that respect. Obviously some of their videos are better/ more interesting than others.

[MENTION=39720]Tigerlily[/MENTION] - It's kind of hard for SnakebytesTV not to name drop as they are very well respected and connected within the industry, and have a lot of other well respected industry vets on their show - including Bob Irwin.
As for treating their animals like cash cows - they have one of the biggest commercial breeding and sales companies in the world - it's pretty much impossible to ignore the financial side of things.

And if you do bother to watch it, you'll know that Brian Barcyk(owner and founder of BHB Reptiles and SnakebytesTV) is a very good friend of the K Brothers.
The episode of Brian getting bitten by one of their 'fresh from breeding season' female olives at the Scales & Tails expo last year is amusing to say the least.

I do believe this is what we call a burn...

lol @ Brian not being passionate. The dude carries on like an excited school kid when he's talking about them. I would argue that you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who's more passionate about them, especially after so many years being in the hobby.

Awesome episode fellas. I love that you don't hold back on giving out tips and showing your methods. Many successful breeders seem to selfishly guard their information but guys like you and Birchy are a real credit to our hobby for what you're willing to share.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back