Olive python heat source

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

honey1

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm considering getting an olive python in the near future.
I'm assuming they'd prefer a heat mat/rock as their heat source, but would like to know of others opinions and experience.

Don't not ever use heat rocks, as this will result in burns to your snake. if it's a hatchling I'd say a click-clack style enclosure with a heat mat under 1/3 of it so u can have a nice temperature gradient, or u can use a heat cord but what ever u decide please use a good quality thermostat.

If it's an adult I'd say a 6ft enclosure being the minimum, u can always go bigger if u want, heat lamps with cages (is a must) is your best bet for heating then.

Last edited:
I knew there was a reason I didn't go near heat rocks last time ;)
It'll be a bubby, but in a 5' enclosure to start with. I reckon I'll go with the tape under tile beneath gravel, with possibly a heat lamp to keep the air warmer (depending on how much transfers from the tape).
Thanks for the advise :)

2 to 3m heat cord as you can use small sections of it when it's younger and reuse it when the olive needs the bigger enclosures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back